summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 18, 2022

the covid ain't done with us yet....

 Yes, as the world goes on to bigger and not better things, it's still among us.  One of my older girls has it, and I hope and pray she'll get through it just fine.  A few months ago, when our family was hit, and I was in the throes and woes of fevers and loss of taste and smell, exhaustion and dizziness...there were some readers who pounced, who proclaimed it to be our fault we were sick.  I don't know if those readers completely stopped reading, or just backed away from commenting, but just in case there are any still here:  this daughter is in medicine, and is vaccinated.  

Weekend plans have changed, I'll now be going with Paul to paint/prime the walls of house we are renovating.  See, we invested in some houses years ago, which turned into a huge bad decision, which we are trying to turn around, long story, big costly mess, but hopefully with some hard work and elbow grease, we can get things in order.   

Today, after Camille finishes her work, we are going to pick up some primer, and a few baby gifts for a few expectant moms (Ashley is due next month!, and a friend is due sooner).  We also have to pick up some things from a Target order, and get the oil changed and tires rotated on the truck.  I have a particular hatred of Valvoline, oh dear....it stems from my crazy not-knowing-right-from-left paranoia.  It started in elementary school, when my first grade teacher thought it was a good idea to bark out the question at random:  which is your LEFT hand?  Raise your RIGHT hand.  Della, which is your RIGHT hand?  You never knew when she was going to ask you, so if you were ME, you walked around terrified all day long.  Now, when someone says turn left when I'm driving, I mini-panic, and look at my hands, figure it out...it's awful.  I actually KNOW, but there's a deep seated thing about it all.    So one time I was getting the oil changed, and turn on your left signal...okay, other left now...My goodness!  I'm a grown woman, and who cares if the auto mechanic at Valvoline thinks I'm a nut case?  Well, apparently I do.  Because I dread going there.

So I have things to do, things to get, and have to get going.  I hope you all have a nice weekend.  The weather here is so nice and temperate, I love it.  We actually opened a window yesterday!  Fresh air in the house, mmm.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard about a new variant... wondering how or if that is going to upend our lives again. Hoping the best for your family ❤️
Valerie

Terri D said...

I think everyone probably goes left when they should have gone right. My husband used to say... "no!! your other right!" What is wrong with people, saying things like that to you (about covid). Good grief. SO sorry you were treated so poorly. Hugs!

Billie Jo said...

Have a good weekend, my friend. Hope your daughter recovers quickly. It is beautiful here today! Screen door is open and the dogs are in and out!

Mari said...

My 92 stepmom has it right now too - and she is also vaccinated.

Unknown said...

I’m so sorry one of your girls as come down with Covid. Hopefully she recovers quickly Della. Always sad for mother hen when one of her chicks is sick. The people who made the nasty comments when you were sick were just very rude. I too have a bit of trouble with left and right. I’ll say turn left and point right 🙄🙄🙄My mum did that too!! Have a good time painting!! Enjoy the lovely weather 🥳🥳🥳

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Diana said...

Oddly enough, everyone we know who has gotten the vaccine has also gotten cvd... but the rest of us, nope. Just interesting, that's all. I will lift up your girls in prayers for quick recoveries! // I have a DIL who doesn't know left-right-east-west-north-south. Poor thing, sometimes I feel like I need to be an aircraft marshall with the flags to help guide her in to wherever we're going. NOT making fun of you, Della! (As a friend always said, "I'm laughing WITH you, NOT at you!") It's goimg to be 75 tomorrow, then rain. We had about an inch of rain this past Thursday, but need more, so we are all praying it works out. We gardeners and the farmers sure could us the moisture! Blessings to you, Della!

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, thank you. I just feel bad for my daughter. She was on the "front lines" with Covid back in the beginning, she went to work at a hospital in Buffalo where there was an overload of cases, right during all the BLM protests, rioters right near the hospital, a mess. She has been working, seeing patients, right through this, and she fiiiiiiinallllly got it! She's not terribly sick, but is tired...
Terri, yes, my "other right". I shouldn't even mention the mean things people have said, because on my blog, 99% of the comments are kind and good:)
BillieJo, thank you...and isn't the warm weather delicious?
Mari, how is your stepmom doing? That's pretty old...same age as my mother-in-law...
Marilyn, the warm weather comes in fits and starts, just when I pull out the Birkenstocks, it's back to the boots. You're right, no matter how old they are, it brings out my mother-ly-ness when they're sick. (and I hate that brain-pause I get with left and right!)
Diana, Paul and I aren't vaccinated, neither are our four youngest, we all got Covid...Paul got it a year ago and was quite sick, still can barely taste or smell. I got it, along with two of the younger kids, in January. Jonathan still has a cough. I still stand by that it's better not to be vaccinated, for us, we have peace about that decision because we've read so much about side effects, and about the data that was undisclosed during the testing phase. About the left and right, Diana, no worries, I think it's funny sometimes too.
I hope you get some rain!!!

Cassandra said...

I can never remember left and right especially when driving! My kids tease me all the time!