summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 14, 2010

aah, life is good...

There are things, yes there are things that trouble me. Things that are not easy. Things that make me cry. But then in the midst of these things are the random things that make me smile and warm my heart...

1. Miss Charlotte Claire. She has played hair salon with her kindergarten scissors too many times, resulting in a real mullot-y shaggy type hair cut, which Miss Mali corrected the other night. It is now short but even. And it looks so cute. She just woke up and came out in her pink sleeper jammies, and she is just so cute. Her dream was about "we had a farm, and Rosie was the farmer...."

2. Mirielle is feeling better now, she was pretty sick and didn't go to classes yesterday. She does not have any chapstick though. Chapstick goes to the same place the hairbrushes and scissors and tape and thermometers go, I guess.

3. I told Jonathan he could stay home today because his cough still sounds awful....then the girls reminded me it is class picture day. So I talked him into going, which was like pulling teeth, after he already had the idea he could stay in bed....when he got up, I was pretty happy with him!

4. Suzanne brought her solar system project in today, a week before it is due. Where do these super-responsible ones come from? She takes her own showers and takes care of her own hair and remembers her homework.....and she is only nine. (She also noted that the Toothfairy did NOT come to take the molar she lost yesterday...oops)

5. Everyone went to school and that is sad.

6. I read in the paper this morning that American and Canadian home schooled children score between 60% and 85% on standardized testing, as opposed to an average of 50% for public school kids....(it said, "if you can't figure that out, ask a home-schooled kid to help you with the math...")

7. Today is Garbage Day. It comes once a week, but last week, Mr. Garbage Man did not stop at our house. I called about it and was told it was because Rosie-The-Scary-Sheepdog was loose. Well, I begged to differ, but then quickly decided it would get me nowhere to argue with the nice lady who answers the phone at The Garbage Place. I promised her The Terror would be in the house today. So, anytime now, Mr. Garbage Man. The suspense of having to keep her in her cage, just in case....rrr.

8. Samuel is keeping up with all his homework this year, and he feels so good about it. The sad thing is that it takes all his time. Here the poor kids goes to school all day, then has his evenings taken too....I know, I know, I should just pull them all out.....rrr.

9. Mali went to her cross-country meet last evening, and came home with a bouquet of flowers....I asked her where she got them, and she said, "I TOLD you it was Senior Night..." Um, yes, she did tell me that....but I didn't realize I was supposed to be there....oops.

10. Abigail stopped by for dinner last night because her landlord is fixing their living room ceiling/bathroom floor....I thought one of those girls was going to go to the loo and fall right through....

11. Benjamin isn't doing too well right now, not feeling good at all....so pray for him!

12. Joseph went to work for the second day in a row, this time sporting his new shorter hair.....seriously, it clogged up the vacuum cleaner. He had SO much hair. He got it cut because it was the right thing to do, starting a new job and all, but he didn't agree with it. He just plain liked it. Poor kid.

13. Aaron got accepted to go to Norway after he graduates....he will be gone for a year, like Emily was....wah. Torture for me. But good for him.

14. Camille was restless last night....she woke me up SO many times...and of course I stayed up way too late last night and the night before....so I could really use a nap...and it is only nine-ish in the morning....blah.

15. In summary....no matter what happens here on this earth.....the circumstances can range from funny things to difficult things to horrible trials....but it IS written in Romans chapter 8, verse 28, that ALL things work together for the good for those who love God....All! God is good, he doesn't want to crush me. He doesn't want to punish me. He wants the best for me! It rains on the just and the unjust....and it is up to me how I want to take things.....I am tempted lately to just lie down and die, because I don't want to suffer, don't want to endure things...but those are only temptations....one day at a time.....Jesus himself cried out with loud crying and tears....and in Matthew it is written how He asked God to take the cup of suffering from Him, but then He said, "not my will, but yours be done..." That is the attitude I need to have. That God's will be done in my life....then life is good. It has nothing to do with what "I" can accomplish, or what people think of me.....thankfully!!!!

It is chilly in here....very chilly. I bought some new slippers about a month ago, and I WAS NOT going to lose these ones. Has anyone seen them? 'Cause my feet are cold.....

2 comments:

Joni said...

Just a thought to pass along - you could test the homeschooling waters with pulling only one or two and see how it goes. I know you will make the right decisions for your family and for your kids, so I'm not trying to make you at all feel like you should be doing something different. I'm learning, with our first couple months of homeschooling and lots of reading on others experiences, that very often people decide to 'try' homeschooling because of a child who is struggling in school, in one way or another. At any rate, your kids have a secure, loving home, and that puts them at a great advantage already!

Martha said...

Prayers for Benjamin and you finding your slippers. I suppose by now you have found an extr5a pair of sock if the slippers are still on the lam.

Things here are lookin' up. I think.