summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 30, 2010

pumpkin cookies and other insanities....

I spent a few hours in the kitchen today making pumpkin cut out cookies. And butterflies, and a few hearts. Mostly pumpkins. I have a large bowl of orange frosting all ready, and some white for trim in a decorating bag. Some sprinkles and chocolate chips for eyes. So the fun hasn't even started yet. Abigail came over and took the kids out for a walk, then to play in the leaves while Mirielle rolled out pizza dough and I made the cookies. Now the kids are back, washed up and in clean clothes (wet leaves are dirty, apparently), and Mirielle is making a large pot of tomato soup and some made-to-order grilled cheese sandwiches (I requested mozzarella on whole grain rye)....

I am taking a little break, putting up the feet and checking email.....Mali is at her cross-country meet and will be calling soon to be picked up, Margaret and Kathryn are at a sleepover with girls from church, and Sam left a few hours ago to play air-soft (soft-pellet guns) at his friend's house. Aaron is in Norway. My nephew Luke is visiting so there are still thirteen of us here for lunch.

Evelyn is cleaning Charlotte Claire's room, and Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan's rooms for twenty bucks. She is an excellent and thorough cleaner. She organizes and makes the rooms nice. I feel so much better when they are clean, and the littler ones just cannot manage on their own. They have been helping Ev, because they like when it is clean. Much better to play in.....

And now my break is over....but I plan on taking some pictures of the pumpkin cookie decorating....

4 comments:

Tereza said...

Looking forward to your pictures:) sounds like a happy busy day!

holly said...

There is nothing "soft" about air-soft. LOL! My kids play that, and I have been hit with one...ouch!

16 blessings'mom said...

Holly, I haven't been hit by one, but Sam comes home sporting some nice welts. It is a crazy thing to do, in my opinion, but teenage boys...well, they are crazy too.

holly said...

I know all about crazy boys. I have 7 of them. They are a whole 'nother species.