summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 18, 2010

quick post before they go to bed...

Yes, bedtime is approaching....time for stories and cuddles and brushing the teeth....Suzanne has been going pillow crazy. She sews pillows by hand, and has run out of stuffing. So this afternoon she got smart and started making beanbags....when the beans are gone, perhaps she will make ricebags that can be microwaved....they are nice for aching necks and cold feet.....

Jonathan is into a paper airplane craze....the other morning I heard him telling Char that they should make a million planes....I came to my senses and told him NO MORE, as there were at least thirty, crash landed on the living room floor. The new package of computer paper is going fast.

Kathryn is sick. She has had a headache off and on, and a stomach ache. But now she is playing Wii. Four of them are playing a racing game....rather loudly, I might add.....

Today was a good day. I woke up far too early and couldn't fall back to sleep until right before I had to get up. There was NO WAY I could possibly get out of my warm bed, but somehow I managed.....took the dog out, got the kids dressed and fed and out the door....then I talked to Kim, my sister-in-law, and found out that she also needed to go to the store....Joseph didn't have to work today, so he stayed here with the little girls....and off we went, just Kim and I.....it was too much fun...first we stopped at DunkinDonuts for pumpkin donuts and coffee, then we Target-ed forever, dawdled and looked and talked.....then we grocery shopped.....then we grocery shopped in a bigger store, BJ's, then we headed home.....I bought apples and bananas and peppers and bagels and eggs and butter and cereal and chicken and bacon and milk and bread and shampoo......

Dinner was in the oven when I got home, Gramma had come over! She called when I was getting ready to leave, and we decided I would probably be home by four, which I wasn't, but she visited the kids anyway. She brought zuchini and peppers with onions with tomatoes and hot sausage....we had it with rice and bread and butter.....and she also brought a frosted zuchini cake, it tasted like a carrot cake...thank you, Gramma....

and now, it really is bed time...well, oops, past bed time...

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Oh my the paper airplanes all over the living room floor somehow sounds so familiar.:):)

Mom said...

What a great day!