summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 15, 2010

cookies today....

Triple batch....with mini chocolate chips...tray after tray of yummy hot cookies....kids in the house on a windy chilly rainy day....the smell, and the warmth! I resisted tasting any while I baked, which isn't as virtuous as it sounds, since I sampled way too much cookie dough...I especially like the sugar/brown sugar (I add twice as much brown sugar as white sugar), egg & vanilla mixture....anyway, after they were all baked, and I sat down and put my feet up, I gave the all clear they could have cookies, Evelyn made me a hot cup of coffee, which always tastes better when one of the kids makes it for me....and I had three cookies. Oh, joy. And I had two a little while ago. The good thing is that they are almost gone...... Kathryn got out the foot spa, and the little girls relaxed while watching a movie....


Evelyn would rather read, any day... What is better than skipping school on a chilly rainy day and cuddling up with a good book? At one point this afternoon, I sneaked into my room with my book...a new one Emily got out for me...the third book I have read this week, I am ashamed to say....I am horrible when it comes to books....I read them all up at once, staying up too late into the night...anyway, Camille wanted me so Kathryn brought her in to me...I put the book away and played with her...she doesn't like to settle down, she is afraid she might fall asleep, I think...
Emily slept here all day since her apartment is being worked on. Then she made us dinner before leaving.....home made chicken pot pies, plus a veggie one for Mali. My sister called and asked me to go to the pool with her and her 8 year old grand daughter...so I brought Suzanne and Sonja...we sort of sneaked out on the other kids, I felt guilty of course, but it was so relaxing and so nice....except for the part where we had to walk out to the car in the pouring rain.....
Anyway, I am relaxed and the younger kids are just being tucked in by daddy...they stayed up late tonight......Charlotte Claire and Camille have been in bed for a while......Evelyn is still up, and the older kids are at the youth meeting.
Benjamin is still feeling awful. It is no fun to see one's children suffer, even when they are almost twenty-two years old. Oh, my soul....
Paul and the older kids are going to work a concession at a college football game tomorrow, leaving by eight-ish in the morning....hmm...what will the rest of us do?


3 comments:

Tereza said...

funny...my kids are at the youth meeting tonight too...they too are fundraisng early morning:):)

Must say:
(a) LOVE evelynn's funky socks:)

(b) I could use a foot spa right about now..and a massage

(c)baked cookies today too and was NOT virtous about it none. great minds think alike!

(d)my kids are also watching a movie (every friday is movie night!)

(e) did not go swimming though with you I would....maybe I can sneak out the back door? I have a 9 year old daughter...does that work?

(f) you're funny

(g)why you not read my blog?:):)

(e) the dishes are calling me

(f) bye bye

16 blessings'mom said...

(e) I DO read your blog, Tereza! I don't comment because I have trouble doing so, but I shall try to again!!! I am always showing my kids your pictures, as I am certain they will meet up with each other along the way, either on the west coast, or at Victory, or at Brunstad...Aaron is leaving in June and staying a year...anyway, we all agree that you and your children are BEAUTIFUL!!!

your sister,

della

Tereza said...

:)