summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 7, 2010

she bought a car!!!

And it isn't orange. She really wanted an orange car, Miss Abigail did. But she came to her senses and bought a black Nissan Sentra. We got it down to almost two thousand less than the listed price, which ain't too bad for two giggling girls who wanted to take it to Target on the test drive. We just agreed to tell the guy that if he could sell it for X amount, she would take it, today. It was a good day....Emily picked me up and I had pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with Aaron's special cinnamon spice frosting for her. She dropped Evelyn and I off downtown at the Subway, where we of course ordered two subs while we waited for Abigail to get there. Then off to the dealership....it was good we had eaten already, it took forever to play the Buy A Car game. She is relieved it is over. But Jonathan: He is so mad! We went without him. He cannot believe it. So I wrote him a note to come home early today from school so he can go with them to pick it up.

Today, I think I am staying home. Abigail and Evelyn and I stopped at the store last night just for bread and milk and bananas. Of course I got a few extra things....I looked at the clearance things and got a backpack for $2.49, and a new lunchbox for $2.24. And three stainless steel water bottles for $1.99. It is nice to be prepared for next year, and to have things for Christmas. I don't think I can get away from the present closet....I am always so glad to have things in there that I got for so cheap.

The new backpack is filled with huge sheets of paper that Charlotte Claire is going to color on. Apparently I have already gotten her a new backpack, so she gave this new one to Camille, who thinks the tag says, "Camille Anaya". It really says, "American Princess". Same thing. They are all set to play school. After a while I will put them away in the closet, but for now they can pretend they are going to kindergarten.

4 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Wow! What bargains you got. I loove bargains. :)

Are you pregnant by any chance? You said something about bottles and I didn't have internet for a bit and got behind on all your news.

16 blessings'mom said...

Nah, not pregnant. Stainless steel water bottles. My older kids seem to take a water bottle everywhere they go. They are addicted to water. So they are fine Christmas presents. But I WISH I were pregnant.....

Anonymous said...

If she wanted orange, then she should have bought an orange car. Anyway, she can have her Nissan customized or have its color changed to orange in an auto shop. I wonder if she also gave her car a name.

-Sara Anthony

Anonymous said...

An orange car? If she wants an orange car, then why did she buy a black one? Like what Sara said, if she still wants it to be orange, then she can have its color changed in an auto shop. Anyway, as long as it’s a car that’s in good condition and one that’s running smoothly, then it doesn't really matter what color it is.

-Dewey Setlak