summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 1, 2010

friday...my favorite day

Miss Charlotte Claire in her nice warm jammies...and for the record, NO, I did not do the haircut. She has chopped it like four different times, each time she tells me so earnestly that she will never do it again. She also gave her battery-operated barking puppy quite a grooming...oh my goodness, that was when my camera batteries were dead, which is probably good because I don't want her to know how funny it was....there was this huge pile of toy dog fur, and her and Camille both had their kindergarten scissors, which believe me I know I should watch better, and they were just chopping..... Miss Sonja Kathleen....

Miss Suzanne Eleanor....

This is what I see at my feet whenever I sit in my chair. She is my follower, my constant companion. If I go to the bathroom, she follows me to the hall....she waits there for me. If I go in the kitchen, she goes in the kitchen. She likes to go with me to pick up Mali every day, and now she starts acting like the little girls if I get a sweater or coat on, or my shoes...she hasn't yet realized that when I brush my hair it means "bye-bye", but I am certain it is coming....she would be a perfect dog for a lonely person, or anyone who just wants to have a "biggest fan"....(I mean, whenever she sees me, she is happy. She cannot contain her happiness.)

So today is Friday...I love Fridays. The weekends just hold this promise of....spontanaeity and fun....tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and cool, perfect day for the kids to run around outside and maybe play in some leaves, though most of them are still on the trees. We don't rake up the leaves, unless it is for them to play in. We like a more natural look, plus it is too much work.
Since we are going shopping today, and having a few people over tonight (to talk about the upcoming fall conference at church, and the grill we do), I suppose I should fold the load of towels on the couch.....and pick up some things around here....the little girls like to change their clothes frequently, so we have aquired a basket in the living room of assorted clothes they have put on and taken off, which are not dirty but not clean...they keep adding to it....sometimes they look so hilarious...print floral skirt and striped leggings and then a shirt with totally different stripes...they think they look so pretty.
Jonathan got to stay home again. He has such a hard time getting out of bed an going, today he got up, but didn't manage to get dressed yet, I knew he really didn't want to go...he knows we are going shopping. I decided to give him an out, so after he did a few hoarse/fakey kind of coughs, "Jon, if you don't feel so great, you can go get back in bed...." Of course he did. I am glad though, he is my special little guy, and I GET him today. ha, school! He is not really sick, and I am keeping him here! yes, I need to grow up.
Grow up and clean up. I have to remind myself sometimes that the reason I get to stay home is to raise these kids, and make the house nice. I need to treat it like it is my job, and people do their jobs even when they don't feel like it. Although I do my best work under pressure....for example, if someone called me and said they would be over in fifteen minutes, I would move like lightening. Because the whole thing reflects on me, even though I didn't leave the tape on the floor in the living room, nor did I use the ketchup, which is on the table...rrr. I didn't eat the last of the Captain Crunch and put the box on top of the garbage can hood instead of putting it in the cardboard recycling bin. I did not read that book that is on the table, nor did I read the one that is on the floor. But if anyone stopped in and looked around, they would automatically think that I, the mom and wife, am the slob. Not true. I might not be a very good manager, or extra energetic, but I am not a slob. So I have to clean up everyone else's stuff all the time to prove that I am not a slob. ha. As my kids would say, NO FAIR!!!
But none the less, I shall do what I can to make the place nice and pleasant, give them a clean slate to scribble on....



3 comments:

Veronica said...

How is your girls foot? I read your blog all the time I just love how big your family is! I have5 kids and hope for a 6th....kids are such a blessing.

Mom said...

I LOVE the fact that you will let your kids stay home when they need to. I think that is awesome! It never sounds irresponsible. And I know it must make them feel really special! What an awesome Mom!

mommeeof10 said...

At my house, all scissors belong in Hubby's workshop, which has a double key dead bolt. Any scissors found in the house are moved to the shed and locked up. I've had too many children playing barber/hair dresser over the years. That and they like to cut up things like mommy's yarn, curtains, furniture, etc.