summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

ha ha ha ha, that's all I can say about cleaning up....

I did try. I really did. I cleaned the bathroom nice and shiny while the two little girls were in the tub. I swept and vacuumed and mopped the kitchen and living room. I emptied and loaded the dishwasher, and did three loads of laundry. I fed the girls some lunch and cleaned up the counters. Then I made fairy wands and pretty ribboned headbands and hair clips with Suzanne....and somehow, the little girls decided to play store....they brought like fifty grocery items into the living room...that was after they had dumped out the dollhouse stuff...I looked around and just gave up. Here I sit. I just give up. Not for good, just for today. It is getting near dinner time, again, so off I go.....

7 comments:

Tereza said...

do you ever get comments that say you shouldn't let them dump everyting and just let them have one thing/bin at a time? Or comments that say you should get your kids to do more chores? Or comments that say that a a mother your job is to work yourself out of a job..meaning you train them to do everything and to be able to run the household?

I've gotten those comments before...and while we do have some rules...that kind of thinking turns me into a lets jsut say ....not very nice mom.

Oh to find the balance!....

Have a lovely rest of the day!I guess you're a few hours ahead...I'm still waiting for them to get home.

Unknown said...

You got a lot done! Enjoy the rest of your night.

Anonymous said...

Yup, have to agree that housework is seriously overrated for those who have kids at home especailly- gets better though once they are school age like mine now that the during the day is stays tidied, but before bed some nights you would never know the hours we spend cleaning up-:)

Martha said...

Everyday I think I just might dust and vacuum the entire house... "... it ain't gonna happen..."

16 blessings'mom said...

Tereza...the "balance" is the key. I don't want the kids to take over and do all the work or anything, but they have to have some responsibility...and yes, I could restrict what they can play with, sometimes I do, but they have to have fun! And Martha, I sometimes do make the kids play that game, but I didn't know it was called, "Ten". I shall try to be more creative. I have found that when I can get them all to pitch in for even five minutes it gets picked up fast. I guess I just need to take it one day at a time and not let myself get too sick and tired of it....

Darla said...

Oh, the comments that momto9 mentioned...I've heard them every once in a while. Yeah, someday maybe I'll do it right but in the meantime, what do you do? I'm just on the verge of having my baby and cannot do much...I'm just too big and tired and sore and stuff.

My husband just got laid off from his job of 20 years so he's taken over the household as of a week ago. It at least makes me feel better to see that he too can have a hard time keeping it up. He has better systems than I do but it's still hard for him even.

Kids are kids.... and lots of kids are lots of kids....it can mean lots of messes, lots of blessings, or both! In our household it's both!!! :)

Virginia Revoir said...

I was just sharing with my husband that I start cleaning on Mondays, finally get it perfect by Friday. Then the weekend comes and by Monday the house needs major repair again. LOL.