summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 16, 2010

saturday morning warmth

Actually, there has already been snow here in New York State, but not where we live, up in the Adirondacks. It is chilly in here, but this morning I woke up to Paul and three of the older kids getting ready to go to The Carrier Dome to do concession work for a football game. Aaron didn't get up as quickly as he should have, he admitted that YES, he did lie in bed after he was woken up, and they really had to leave. Abigail told Aaron that Joseph was making him some breakfast. I thought Joe was making it for himself, and she was only joking. But no, Joe was making toast for Aaron. It was just one of those moments.....that make it all worth it.

Last night our power went out during the night. It is one of Jonathan's giant fears, it was flickering before he went to bed, so he was armed with a Hess truck with working lights, and a flashlight. Well, when the power actually went out, turning out the bathroom light that shines into his room to keep him happy, (much to his sisters' botheration)(botheration should be a word, I think...)anyway, the lights turned off, their fan turned off, and he fussed....louder and louder, he was so scared....of course he couldn't find the truck or the flashlight in the dark, so he panicked...I had to make my way to him in the dark, and give him a battery operated candle....I went back to bed and listened to all the electric smoke detectors turn off, they give warning beeps which says, "Wake up everyone, the power's out!" I feel like I was awake for hours....

Well, today is a blank slate....what shall we do?

1 comment:

16 blessings'mom said...

"botheration" IS a word! Well, I learn something new every day....