summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

i love them fiercely....

Fierce. That doesn't seem like a word that goes with "love", but that tiger instinct comes out when my children, big or small, have owies. Boo-boos. Broken hearts or broken legs, that protectiveness and extreme care kicks in.

It doesn't matter how much we have to put up with, or how sore my tongue may be from biting it, or how longsuffering I have been, or sometimes NOT been.....we want the best for our children. We don't want to see them suffer. We want to see things go well for them.

I think that is how God is with us. We have our struggles and trials, but ultimately, He wants us to turn to Him. That is what all our trials are about, sent with love from our Heavenly Father, getting us to repent and acknowledge our ways, so that He can work in us.

So tonight, the prayer of my heart is that we can take our inner lives with God serious, lay things bare, and let Him work in us, so that we can be useful vessels, and have wisdom and grace for dealing with the greatest responsiblities on this earth, our children.....

No comments: