summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 2, 2010

lovely saturday...

Paul is out front playing kickball with the kids. I am here looking for cars with Abigail...I am sneaking in a break....cars cars cars. She doesn't want red, she doesn't want manuel. She wants cheap and reliable and good gas milage, preferably a hatchback-type rather than a boring sedan. I am getting dizzy and confused, and am starting to tell her that we should just drive to the big city and buy one. Just spin around with our eyes closed and point....

I made omelets this morning, bacon and cheese and green and red peppers and onions and tomatoes and onions.....but now it is getting on towards lunch time, and I should get moving and give these children something good....four of the kids (Mirielle, Aaron, Mali and Margaret) went on their trip to the Adirondack mountains....I saw that Aaron posted on facebook, "Camping is fun....when you remember the tent." So I am thinking they spent a nice cozy night sleeping in the minivan. Anyway, I hope they are okay. It isn't easy sending the kids off...they are still my babies....

Abigail hasn't given up looking, she doesn't know I have taken a blogging break, and when she tells me what she is looking at I am saying, uh-huh.....and I feel guilty, so this shall be a small post today.....

Quick comments....

Kap's foot is still painful, but she just played in the kickball game...she kicked with her other foot.

Jonathan really is a little bit sick...he wasn't just faking. He is starting the cold that is going around.

Kathryn knows how to yo-yo quite well.

Suzanne brought home her tin whistle from school. yay, not.

It is cloudy and chilly, but a cozy day here in our house in central New York state.

Jonathan is so psyched up about Abigail getting a car, he is asking a million questions....He thinks Kias are nice, doesn't like minivans, and thinks she really should get a mustang.

We watched a movie called, "Defiance" last night. It is based on a true story of two brothers living in Russia in 1941 who hid out from the Germans in the forest until the war ended, providing protection for all who joined them. It was sobering, as all World War II movies tend to be. How could people be so cruel to other people? Even the children and babies....hard to believe that people could suffer so so much.

Paul is watching football. yuck. I tune it out. Occasionally I see an interesting play, but mostly, yawn.

The girls, Sonja and Suze and Kathryn and their cousin Olivia are making home made clay, or playdough....

Rosie is lying on my feet, which is nice, because it is chilly here.

Abigail thinks I am still looking at cars, so bye for now...

1 comment:

holly said...

you're so funny, blogging when you should be looking for cars! I love reading your blog, for that reason alone...You can't stay away and you always talk about what is most important to you~~family! It will be a very sad day if you ever decide to stop...so please don't. You are going to have the world's greatest diary to read back on in several years. :)