summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

pool....

"Jon, if I let you go to the pool with us will you promise to get up and get ready for school tomorrow morning like a good boy?"

Yes, I gave in. Wimped out. Couldn't leave him out.


It was fun....seven of them went with me....Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. We didn't eat dinner before we left, so we came home and ate. Some kids had cereal, some had toast with sugar, some had the stew from last night, some had the casserole that Gramma brought over today. (having Gramma come over today was RRR! As usual, not her actually visiting, but the cleaning up!!! I was doing something I never do, I took my book and went into my room and settled nicely on my comfy bed...with the door open, and the three little ones playing cars in the living room. They kept coming in and hopping up and romping around the bed, and leaving. I could hear them, and felt comfortable...then she called...are you KIDDING ME? Oh darn. But I got up and cleaned and mopped and shined the fingerprints off the front of the 'fridge and made it seem like I would never lie in bed reading while my kids ran around....) Anyway, I was taking care of the towels and suits and didn't see mine...oops, it is still there in the locker room. Good thing Margaret and Mirielle are going to the gym in the morning.

As I was leaving the pool area, a mom with two little ones asked me in surprised if I "brought all those kids with me..." I assured her that it was the two little ones who kept me the busiest, so she IS busy....but since Camille is almost three, and very independent, and can swim all over like a little fishy in her floatie suit, it seems like a piece of cake to bring all those kids to the pool. Plus, Kathryn and Evelyn so nicely took Charlotte Claire and Camille to the bathroom halfway through our swim time, so I didn't have to take everyone out of the water. It was quite relaxing and I tried to excercise and swim as much as I could while keeping close to them and watching. I am going to try to do this at least once a week with them. ha. Me and my big plans.

Paul is playing with Rosie. Rosie gets stir-crazy on these rainy days. She goes outside for little walks to go potty several times, but she really likes to play....they are playing chase...none too quietly, either.

Bedtime is here....Abigail is visiting and is reading to Camille and Jonathan. Charlotte Claire got so tired out from swimming that she fell asleep on the couch after dinner, and is now in bed....I think I could do that, too....

No comments: