summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 3, 2010

leaves to play in.....

Charlotte Claire...



Suzanne




Suzanne - 9, and Kathryn - 12





Suze




I think this is Evelyn
Charlotte Claire and Camille

Kathryn Grace...and Sonja in the background...
Aaah, I am finally taking a break...it is almost time to start dinner. After a crazy lunch, typical of Sunday after church, of everyone having what they want, such as leftovers from last night (chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes), scrambled eggs, or sandwiches....and pudding. I bought the 36 pack on Friday, and it is almost gone. Anyway, after getting that cleaned up, Evelyn and Sonja and I cleaned up Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan's room. How it gets that messy time after time is totally beyond me. Hair ponies and undies and pennies and papers and matchbox cars and Barbie shoes and pencils and wrappers and books....rrr! Evelyn is a good organizer, so long after I was on my merry way doing other things, she was in there making it nice. I vacuumed the stairs and foyer and the kitchen and living room and picked things up. Wait a minute, didn't I just do this yesterday?
I have some London broil marinating in Teryaki sauce and sun-dried tomato sauce. We can grill them out, and perhaps put some fries in the oven. I love Sunday dinners, no one has to leave after to go anywhere.....except I don't really feel like getting up and cooking. Not yet anyway.
There is so much going on here. Charlotte Claire is playing dollhouse, Camille wants her to play house, Jonathan is sitting at the kitchen table eating rice cakes with milk with Margaret who is doing homework....the kids who went to the Adirondacks are taking turns washing their horribly muddy clothes so the washer is busy today. Mirielle just discovered the backpack she put through the washer still contained her camera, so she put the camera in a bowl of uncooked rice to see if it will come back to life....Paul is watching football and fixing his guitar....Joseph was outside in the sunshine playing his guitar. Mali and Aaron wanted to go to the Outlet Mall, but I convinced them to go another day, I simply want to stay home today. I went with Abigail yesterday to look at cars. We drove almost an hour to a place on the other side of the big city to look at a few that we found online......she kind of likes the Chevy HHR....it is reasonable and gets decent milage, but it looks so strange. I think we might go to another place tomorrow to look at a Nissan hatchback. I told Paul that me looking at cars with Abigail is like the blind leading the blind. The dealer we spoke to yesterday found out how many kids we have, and asked me if I was done. I was extremely embarrassed by this for some reason. And because I wanted to embarrass him back, I almost answered a few different things...but I behaved myself.









4 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

We don't have any leaves down yet.

I chose our last 2 cars, our 2006 15 passenger chevy van I bought off E-Bay, my/our 2006 Camry I picked out. Before we bought it new, I talked to a friend who was a Toyota mechanic. He sold me on the price we paid ($350 over invoice with our Costco membership) and the reliability. I've never had a problem with it, other than new tires twice and regular oil changes/maintenance and have put 144,000 miles on it in the last 5 years, due to my 147 mile round trip commute 4 days a week. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like all fun and busy around there :)

I hate when people ask if we're "done", it embarasses me too and I just sheepishly say "we don't know yet" Good for you for handling that with grace.

junglemama said...

I enjoyed catching up on your family. Looks like you have a few gymnists too!

Darla said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes that question, or others of that nature, sometimes don't slow you down and sometimes can just stop you in your tracks?

I usually just say, "I hope not!" but not always...