summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 18, 2008

pizza for dinner

Home-made pizza dough is good, but it requires knowing what you're making for dinner sooner than an hour before dinner. So, when I went shopping Friday, I bought 6 pizza doughs, 99cents each. This is what we had for dinner: one hot "buffalo wing" pizza. I used leftover chicken breast from yesterday, chopped it up and added it to:one stick butter melted with about a cup of Frank's hot sauce(we buy it by the gallon)...., add it to the dough, cover with cheese....then we had a pepperoni pizza, then a whole wheat pizza with onions.... and a salad with baby spinach and cucumbers. That hot chicken pizza is good!

My Camille is rolling over from front to back, and back to front, and swiveling around to change directions...so, this means we have to keep the floor extra clean! I like to vacuum every day anyway, but now we really need to. And when the babies discover the vast wonderland of tile that is the kitchen, uh-oh. When I hear those little hands slapping the tiles.... I'm not in a hurry to have a crawler again, even though it's cute. We don't wear shoes in the house, but it's still hard to keep that kitchen floor clean.

Mr. Jonathan is full of it tonight. He's keeping his sisters awake in there, and they have school tomorrow. I may have to bring him out her so they can go to sleep....

Abigail is so nice tonight. She is making mini-brownies in the mini-muffin trays for Sonja's class snack for kindergarten tomorrow. So it smells heavenly in here. I hope there are extra, and I'm not the only one. My parents lived near a bakery...when my mom passed away, and my dad was on chemo, he couldn't eat very much...but he could eat donuts. So when I went to visit him, I always stopped there. The whole atmosphere of that bakery entranced me: the smell, the visual of all the cookies, cakes, donuts, and pies....and the bread baking. I haven't been there since my dad died....but the delicious smell of baked goods baking reminds me of him and that time period. It's so cliche to say how fast time flies, and how you don't know how good you have it with someone 'til they're gone....I never in a million years imagined how tough it would be to lose my parents. I mean, I am an adult. My mom was 69, and my dad 70....but I still feel lost, untethered...

Emily Anne is home from a busy day at the hospital, and Sam is getting into the icecream. There is never a dull moment here. Charlotte Claire is having a cup of dry cheerios, and a sippy cup of water. I have to go quiet those kids down.....

1 comment:

Mrs Marcos said...

It is touching when you write about your parents. I lost my mom when I was 27, almost 9 years ago and I still miss her everyday.