summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

staying home today? ha....

Samuel has an appointment with the opthamologist! He lost his glasses a while ago, and I didn't want to replace them, as he was due for a new prescription....and it takes months to get an appointment....so, off I go again today. And since he will surely need new glasses, to Wal-Mart again we go! When I die, all the stores are going to notice a dip in their revenue

I won't be here when the school kids get home again, and I hate that. I am going to write a chore list for them today. They hate that. But in a way they like it, because it yields some results. Kathryn is going to clean the foyer, because they have been playing school and office there....and Sonja wants to do the bathroom. She is only 6 years old, so she will need some supervision with the spray stuff, and I don't have them do the toilets, I do that. They all like to do the bathrooms though, because they are small and already picked up, just need to scrub the toothpaste from the counters, and shine the sinks....

I guess it's kind of a balance, to have so many to pitch in and clean up is wonderful, but to have so many to leave things around and make messes on a daily basis is frustrating. I mean, 5 backpacks, okay. Make it ten , and we've got a mess. Same with shoes....my husband does not understand why we have so many shoes. We were going to the kids' soccer tournament on Saturday, and 7 year old Suzanne could not find a pair of shoes. If you knew how many we have, you'd see how absurd this was. She has sneakers, sandals, flip-flops, shoes, crocs.....but not one suitable pair for that day? outfit? I don't know. The only pair she thought she could possibly leave the house with was on EVELYN'S FEET! To demonstrate that she couldn't leave the house, she took off everything but her underwear and collapsed onto the couch, sobbing. The other kids were already in the van, and I was heading into the laundry room to get Camille's freshly washed fleece....So, daddy and I start going through the shoes with her: too big, too small, can't run in those, blah....we finally find some fabulous sandals, get her dressed and happy, and go out the door without Camille's fleece!

No comments: