summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

quiet time at night

It's late at night, and the kids are all in bed except Benjamin, who is still at work delivering pizzas....I don't wait up for him, he's 19, and I couldn't function if I stayed up that late every night. But I pray for his well-being like crazy.

I have been working on focusing more on what the kids are saying to me. Listening more. It's rewarding, worth the effort. I don't want to be selfish, but it is in my nature to be. So it is a constant work to give of myself. I do love my kids, they just delight me. And I don't have to work my fingers to the bone for them, or give them the world. But to hug them individually, be patient with them, let them know they are my heart's delight: that is a worthy task....

Okay, clean matching socks, clean bedding, neat, stain-free school clothes, healthy, yummy food, clean, brushed hair, check-ups and dentist visits, orthodonists too, a mostly neat functional home to live in.....yeah, part of the job....but more the important part is the giving-attention part.

My little guys are going to be shot tomorrow from going "bye-bye" so much this week...which is too bad, because everything in me wants to get caught up around here...but hey, on the couch under a blanket with Jon and a pile of books....Charlotte Claire is getting alot more patience for sitting still for stories these days, too....sounds good! Maybe it will be cloudy and rainy again so I don't have to go outside! Only a mom with a messy house understands that one.....

No comments: