summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 17, 2008

tired saturday

I stayed up too late last night...the girls had some of the youth girls over, and I had been shopping all day...so, getting things put away from the stores, and straightening up for the girls'visit....and Camille got up too early this morning....she's back in bed now. I started a bunch of work, as we are having seven or so people over for dinner tonight...but my back hurts. I hate complaining, and I hate having pain slow me down. But, this back thing: it causes numbness in my toes, down the back of my legs, and up my arms and my face. It is downright scary. Benjamin, my 19 year old, said he learned in his Anatomy and Phys. class about the nerves in the back, and said I should go to a doctor....in case the nerve gets pinched too tight, I could be paralyzed....now there's a thought! I guess I better be careful, not lean over too much today, and think about going to a dr.....

Emily the nurse took Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan to a nearby park in the pick-up truck with their bicycles in the back....she is so good with these guys on her days off! And Miss Camille is taking a nice nap. So, here I sit. Which is stupid. I need to make the most of this time to get things done....sitting here writing without the 5 little girls in here is pleasant though. But I am a bit jealous that Em does the fun stuff with them. I have always chosen, through the years, to do as much fun stuff as possible. There have been times when I have had a newborn, or had tons of stuff to do, and Paul would offer to take the kids to a playground or something: I always ended up going too. I don't like to miss things - when Jon goes down the big slide, I want to see! ...Oh, Suzanne got 100%, stellar speller again! The school year is almost over, but she is with the program! Joseph has one of his friends here, who is from a family with 14 kids, and they are playing their guitars...oh the noise noise noise....

No comments: