summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

21 degrees, but it IS sunny....

My three elementary kids got ready and waited outside because it was so nice out there. Then I found out it was 21 degrees. But hey, it isn't snowing, and it isn't windy and dark, so it is therefore "nice out".



As I see my kids growing up seemingly right before my eyes, I want to capture the moments and hold on to their littleness. Last evening, we had story time in my room. The little girls had been playing on my bed and had just the small lamp on, so it was cozy. They hurried to get jammies on and brush teeth....then onto my big comfy bed with some books. Jonathan read the books, and the little girls wanted to read too, so he would read lines and whisper them to them, and they would repeat them. It was too cute. Then we had Back Rub Time, and then I told them a story....by this time, my rational mind was screaming that Jon SHOULD BE IN BED BY NOW, but I didn't listen to that. We cuddled up and talked and they were so relaxed, they went to bed wonderfully....Suzanne was still working on her book report in her bunkbed with the little lamp on, but Jon just climbed into his bed and fell asleep.

Yesterday I was going grocery shopping...I procrastinated until the older kids got home from school, then took Miss Evelyn Joy with me, along with Charlotte Claire and Camille. I figured they need to get out of the house too. We went to Wegmans where I got bananas and oranges and grapefuit and carrots and potatoes and red peppers and romaine and burger and wheat bread and eggs and chicken wings and butter and cereal....then to BJ's for shampoo and fabric softener and half and half for the coffee, and barbecue sauce and mozzarella cheese and black olives and basmati rice and SpongeBob fruit snacks..... I wish I could say the girls were So Good, but alas, they were not. They were fine in Wegmans, but by the second store...well, they started out okay....Evelyn was pushing them in a cart, they have double carts there so kids can sit side by side...well, they were kissing each other on the lips, which was freaking Evelyn out...she wanted them to STOP IT. They then thought it was really funny to get her so mad....rrr. Ev was walking behind me, and I am rather paranoid of getting bumped with the cart behind me...hmm, I wonder why that is...perhaps it has happened to me like a MILLION TIMES through the years....she kept insisting that she was FINE and was NOT going to bump me...well, wouldn't you know, when I least expected it, I was stopping to look through my coupons, and BAM. My knees buckled, she hit me so hard. And since I didn't react like, "Oh my darling Evelyn, you bumped me, but it is okay....", she got upset and walked away from the cart. So I ended up apologizing to HER.....blah...

Home with groceries, and dinner time....rice and chicken and green beans. Mirielle was so blessedly making yummy cookies for Suzanne to take to school today to celebrate her birthday, which was during vacation. Paul was at a board meeting at church, but I had plenty of help. Everyone else was home.

It looks like everything I accomplished yesterday is erased and has to be done again today. Good thing I have tons of energy and feel great! ha.

One of the things I hate is when I ask a child to put something away. Later, it is still there. So I ask again, and am told, "I WILL, Mom!" Then the next day, as in today, it is still there. rrr. Child is at school, shall I call the office and ask to talk to her? But my irritation has to be dealt with because otherwise the child would be in big trouble, when in fact it isn't actually a crime that has been commited, just forgetting.

I am nice and warm and cozy here in my comfy chair. I have my fuzzy slippers on, and a pink fleece blanket over me. Rosie is sleeping in her cage, the little girls playing nicely. I could fall back asleep.....but I have to get up and get some things done....I am thinking that someone should give me a nice little newborn baby to take care of....I mean, there are so many unwanted babies out there.....even if we just counted the ones that were thrown in dumpsters....if those mamas would just give them away instead....I wish there was a way to channel all those babies to people who would love and cherish them. I guess I am still going through withdrawl from rocking babies for so many years. Camille DID sit and snuggle with me this morning in her blanket-footy jammies, but......

3 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Wow, I know what you mean. I sometimes feel like I'm the only one that feels like all my work is erased everyday. But I know other moms go through it too. It's just my kids can be such piggy's. If they'd only pick up after themselves it wouldn't be so hard. So I make their chores all about picking up after themselves because I won't do it. Crazy, huh? But like you said, they grow up so fast. I have to constantly remind myself to slow down and just not worry about things that don't matter as much. I love my kids. :) Are you not having any more babies?

Tereza said...

oh i get a very anoyed "I WILL" from them all the time. fun stuff I'm telling ya:)

16 blessings'mom said...

Jenny, I would love nothing more than another baby or two or three...but it doesn't seem to be happening. My last pregnancy was two years ago, when I miscarried. I am still hopeful though....