summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 4, 2011

afternoon break....

A break from what, you might ask...well, a break from making the best cookies ever! My camera battery is charging, and the cookies will probably be all gone by the time it is charged, so I shall describe these cookies: chocolate chip with M&M's....oh, so good. We have declared them to be possibly the best ones ever baked here. I doubled the recipe on the Nestle bag, but put twice as much brown sugar as white, and used half shortening, and real butter instead of margarine. And real vanilla.

My coffee maker has died. Here I made all these cookies, cleaning up as I went, puttering around shining things up while they baked, anticipating my coffee/cookie break....and blah, the coffee maker just won't work. I think it needs some vinegar run through it...our water is so hard it ruins everything...

And my kids are happily home from school.

No comments: