summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 27, 2011

is no post better than a stupid post?

1. The dryer is not working. I ran THREE towels through twice before I alerted Paul. 2. It is cold cold cold here in central New York state. Spring, ha. 3. I gave Rosie a bath today and blowdried her. She still smells. 4. Suzanne wants me to help her with her homework. I think she just needs to find a quiet spot and do some thinking... 5. Paul is trying to fix the dryer. The laundry room is small, it is messy, it is unorganized, and it is my sore spot. He said I need to clean it up so he can get in there...on Sunday evening, really? 6. Mirielle and Margaret had the bright idea to take the one million pound treadmill down to their room. It won't fit through the door. It has a new home in the closet underneath the stairs. Now I have a little bit of extra space in the living room. 7. But, the strollers that were in that closet now have no home. People here are wondering why I still have them. 8. I am going to clean them up one by one, take pictures, and get rid of them. Does anyone who reads this want a pram? A side-by-side fold up Emmaljunga? 9. Why is it sad for me to get rid of them? 10. I am tired today because I let Camille take a musical dollhouse toy to bed with her last night...she rolled on it a few times during the night and it sang , "Happy Birthday". 11. I love my kids. Even when they slop up the kitchen and leave drinks on the end tables when No Drinks Are Allowed in The Living Room. Even when they go go go all weekend and get sick on Sunday night. Even when they have to get the last word. Even when they leave all the towels in their rooms and their dirty socks in the corners. Even though when I ask them if it was them, it NEVER IS. Even when they make themselves eggs and leave the pan and NO ONE did it. Even when they leave a full glass of water on the counter and it gets knocked over and NO ONE did it. Even when they get toothpaste all over the sink. Even when they have NO toothbrush, it disapeared, they have no idea where it went. Even when their library book is lost and they did not lose it. Even when they had ice cream without asking. Obviously, I could go on and on about how much I love my kids. But I really do love them. I love the sweet notes the little ones write to me, and when my older ones include me in their conversations and ask for my opinion. I hate Sunday nights...blah, a whole week of sending them to school....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Still a good post:) you'd have made a good homeschooling mom! You just love spending time with your great kids!

Martha said...

I did not find your post stupid in the least. The musical dolly brought to mind one of those computerized dolls we had for a short period of time. It creeped me out when it would talk in the early morning hours, especially when it said, "Change my battery" over and over and over.

I love my kids too even when they....

Kate said...

Great post. Seriously.

cheryl said...

I am missing 4 out of my 12 teaspoons from my one and only ever new set of stainless.. and no one knows who took them into their vehicles to eat their food.. I am afraid to count the forks.. very afraid.. but, I'd rather have missing silverware anyday, but don't tell them that, although I think they know.

mommeeof10 said...

My wonderful Hubby bought me a new washer and dryer, just because the old ones kept breaking. We bought the master service plan last fall. It seems to take forever for Sear to get there, get the part and then have them repaired. We thought we would have the plumber come and run new hookups on the sunporch/laundry room and have both hooked up. I don't think we have enough slots in the breaker box for that. They are sitting on the sunporch in the way. If the plumber does not come in the next few months, I am putting the old ones on the side of the road with a sign saying "Take me home, I work, but am noisy."