summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

bad mom award....

Well.....we spackled and sanded and got the living room and hallway and stairway ready for paint. We moved all the furniture away from the walls and stacked up bins of dollhouse stuff all over the kitchen tables....it is total disarray here. Picking the color is the hardest part: I got to Walmart and collected the paintchips and blah! I didn't want to go with blue again because it clashes with the red furniture, makes it look like a continual fourth of July celebration. But I am oh-so-attracted to blue and blue-gray and deep blue.....then there are the greens. The green that we had here I hate. Hate. It was fresh and new, so I lived with it, but I never liked it. It was like the cheap mint toothpaste we grew up using, from Kmart. Yellow...the kitchen is already English Ivory, which is a very pale yellow, which I love, but wasn't sure about bringing that into the living room too. So...onto the browns....I must've been in the mood for a coffee, because the colors that were appealing to me were the Coffee with Cream and Cafe au Lait...and I finally picked Teastained. It looks like tea with milk. I couldn't wait to start, then when I actually started, I wondered why in the world I thought this was a good idea.....I had a few helpers, mainly Ashley. After two and a half hours of painting, I was done. Blah, more than done. A nice hot shower, I crawled into bed after midnight, and oh my aching back.....I couldn't sleep....so, when I finally fell into a deep sleep, I could not get up this morning. Well, I could have, but I decided not to. It is forecast to be 49 degrees and sunny today....

So....we have lots of kids here, riding bikes and just plain reveling in being able to be outside in some sunshine without mittens on. It is good for them to get their vitamin D and some excercise. Shall I tell that to the school nurse when she calls? Is that a legal excuse? I don't feel one bit bad about it....I got to sleep to ten o'clock. I cannot recall ever sleeping that late. It was delicious.....of course there was just the Time Change, so it was REALLY nine o'clock....but it was still nice.

I think I am going to try to finish painting today.....even though my muscles are protesting. I would like to get it finished, then go out on the deck and soak in the sunshine.....

2 comments:

Tereza said...

I slept till 11 on Sunday...that was weird:)
Hope you get it done today...and then come on over and paint MY house!

Martha said...

It was a wonderful day to play hooky.

You are a good mom.