summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 13, 2011

sunday, a day of rest...again already.

The days slip away so quickly, and blogging every day really makes that more concrete. Paul left for Boston again...this weekend was a rip-off, as far as seeing him. He was gone from noon 'til nine yesterday fundraising at the Dome.

Pancakes and bacon for breakfast...read the morning paper...lost an hour today due to the time change....this morning while I cooked and Paul got ready to leave, we talked about me, and what I am going to do as far as going to school....I would love to go, love to learn and start working a few days a week, anyway...but....I am just not ready to do this yet. It is so challenging just to keep up with this place, and keep up with the kids' school stuff, and keep up with where they are emotionally and spiritually and keep up with appointments and grocery shopping and meals and more clean up....things would slide, who would take up the slack? My kids aren't babies anymore, but they still need their Mommy. As it is, I feel pulled a million ways sometimes. Mom, Mom, Mom, look, listen, come here!!!

Yesterday while cleaning Charlotte Claire's room, I found silver sparkly nail polish. My toenails are now pretty.

Suzanne and Sonja are invited to a birthday party today. Right in the middle of the day, which means all my plans have to be broken up. And I have big plans. I plan to clean up the baskets of toys and clutter that have accumulated in the hallway. The bedrooms are clean, the living room is mostly clean, now the hallway is niggling. I must have the spring cleaning bug.

So, here is what I wish:

1. That Rosie would come when I call her, and stay clean. I gave her a bath with Johnson's Baby Shampoo, and she smells so yummy.

2. My hot tub was fixed.

3. That I could deny myself and suffer and excercise for one day, and I would look like I did when I was in high school.

4. That I could keep these guys home from school all week so they could adjust gently to the time change.

5. That fresh produce was really cheap, and junk food was really expensive.

6. That there was an Ikea store closer than a few hundred miles away.

7. That I could afford to pull the kids out of school randomly and take them to a hotel for a few days, just for fun.

8. That the older kids didn't have so much laundry to do on the weekend, I have bedding to wash.

9. That I remembered to renew my library books before that ten dollar fine was racked up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello from Oklahoma! I'm a first time visitor, but this won't be the last! I loved this! The Bible says that children are a reward from God, and I firmly believe that!! I LOVE babies...my baby, your baby, anybody's baby!! And I love kids!
Dianne @
http://buterflydreamz.blogspot.com/