summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

went to the pool...yay me!

I didn't plan to go bye-bye without the little girls today. I was going to take them to the library and to the store...but Mirielle did not want to go, I didn't want to just take the two little ones...and Camille has a stuffy nose. Mirielle said she did not mind a bit if I left them here with her. They actually got a tiny bit sunburned spending quality time with her out on the deck.

I called my sis-in-law, and she had some things she had to do today too, so we went off together. It was great fun and relaxing and rejuvenating. I was able to use lots of coupons in the grocery store, that to me is just plain fun.

Home again, home again...groceies to put away again, dinner to make, kids to talk to. I put chicken in the oven, made a huge salad with spinach and romaine and iceburg lettuce, tomatoes and green peppers and carrots and cucumber. I sliced up the loaf of fresh Italian bread I bought for 99 cents. I warmed up a bowl of corn leftover from last night, and opened two cans of green beans. Super yummy dinner.

Paul and I had plans tonight but they got cancelled. The friends we were to visit have sick kids. So, I got to go to the pool! I was so bad, I sneaked out the door. I whispered to Sonja and Suzanne if they got their suits and a towel in a bag, after dinner I would take them. I didn't even tell the other kids. Instead we left while they were watching, "Tangled". They were not too happy with me when I got home and they realized where we had been...but I simply didn't have the time to get them all packed and ready. And...if I want to get any excercise at all, I have to go without them. oh, it feels so mean.

So I am torn between feeling guilty and feeling good that I actually excercised two days in a row.

It seems to me that I should be really skinny by now.

That's why I am not buying a scale. I looked at them in Target today, and said NO. My girls don't want one either. I mean, do the best you can, but why be depressed by numbers?

Don't worry, I am not going to let this blog be a place where I preach against things like donuts and ice cream. Oh, did I just hear the "d" word? That is one of the lovliest words ever. Yum. But could it be possible that it almost feels good to say NO to junky food? It would feel BETTER to eat it, but it feels a little bit good to deny myself.

Ahh. No more talk about donuts. My kids are so cute. Camille is learning how to make jokes. She said today, "What if babies wore undies and pooped and peed in them, wouldn't that be so funny?" Not really, but hearing Camille wonder about it was pretty funny.

Couch monster. Floors need to be mopped again even though I did it yesterday. Hampers getting fuller instead of emptier. More toys are finding their way out to the living room. There is no such thing as getting ahead around here.

but, tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I own a scale, it doesn't have batteries. I will give up on being sooooo strict when I feel I look good. Then I will wok on maintaining, not loosing more. We can do this.....get on your treadmill.