summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 24, 2011

images of a quiet and peaceful afternoon

Sonja Kathleen looked so bright and pretty when she walked in from school, I had to take a picture. Do not look at the bookcase behind her, which was neat and organized last week.....we just have too many books, I guess. Rosie-The-Bad-Dog....

Samuel James doing his homework.....


Suzanne holding the Anne of Green Gables Continuing Story video set I got at the dollar store for 17 cents...and Kathryn Grace on the treadmill...(she ran two miles then did sit ups with cartwheels in between)
I DID go on the treadmill the day before yesterday....but I can't do it today...I just plain don't feel well. I have a headache and just feel tired and blah....Suzanne had to be picked up early, she had a low grade fever and didn't feel well. I don't even feel like eating, which means I really must be feeling bad. I did go out to the kitchen and prepare a scrumptious dinner for the family though...homemade macaroni and cheese....two nine by 13 pans, plus a smaller pan....with bacon on top...it is in the oven now......Jon sampled it before I baked it and said it was super yummy!
Suze is having tea, Kap is sitting on the floor with her water bottle, Sonja is looking at her books from the Book Trade at school, which is one of the best ideas ever....the kids each bring in up to three books, and trade them.
And just for the record: I love our school. The teachers are nice and kind, the nurse is nice and thoughtful and caring, the cafeteria workers and aides and helpers...they are good to my children. I hope if any of them read this, they never get the impression that I am not happy with them or the work they do. I think most of the people over at school work very hard for not enough pay, and I am thankful for them. I just happen to love having these guys around!!! And it makes me sad that having them miss school puts me at odds with 'the school'.....
I think I will go cuddle up on the couch and close my eyes....what are the odds that I will really get a little nap? Maybe no one will ask me any questions. Maybe none of the kids will ask me if I am sleeping, just because they are wondering. Maybe the dog won't bark. Maybe no one will call about something super important. Yes, maybe I will truly fall asleep and wake up feeling refreshed and energetic with no more headache.....



2 comments:

Tereza said...

hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better today, be kind to yourself.
God love Sonja, she looks so cheery after a day of school!!
ps. you can Never have too many books!