summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

another wintry morning...

When Rosie and I headed out into the freshly fallen snow this morning, the birds were singing. We heard a woodpecker in the tree across the street. It was 19 degrees, but this weak winter has no strength left...tomorrow: oh heavenly sunshine and 64 degrees!!!

My world travelers will be arriving at the airport at noon, so I don't have all the livelong day to dawdle this morning. Camille and I have places to go! I forgot to have someone put the carseat in the car for me, I hope it doesn't qualify as, "heavy lifting". Anyway, Mirielle and Aaron took a tour of Seattle yesterday evening, Mirielle sent me a picture of a huge apple fritter...I am assuming they visited a coffee shop there, as far as I understand they are pretty crazy about their coffee out there on the west coast. I can't wait to hear about their trip!

Okay...weight loss: ha. ha ha ha. But the good thing, I am not gaining! Yes, that IS rather lame, but. I am the lowest weight I have been yet in this new lifestyle, but it has been about the same for a week or so. Without exercising I am not too surprised, but I need to be more careful!!! I eat so well, healthy yummy things, I just need to have much more restraint when they bad things are around. Yesterday, for example, I made the best salad...raw spinach, some chopped up chicken breast, half a pear sliced up, a few craisins, and some warm toasted almond slices. Then later when Camille and I baked up some cookies and dang, I ate a bite of cookie dough. and another, and another...then during the course of the day, I had three cookes. Now, that might not seem too horrible, but that is like six hundred calories!!! Seriously, if I three cookies-worth of dough...dang.

One might ask why I make cookies at all these days...sometimes I wonder the same thing. But I still LIKE making them. I still like when my kids walk in from the bus, and the coffee pot is brewing, the tea kettle is whistling, and cookies are coming out of the oven, especially on days like yesterday when it is freezing out.

Yesterday I did lots of work around here. It was basically clean, so I didn't have to waste time picking things up, and doing normal cleaning...so I shined up the cabinets and the appliances, dusted and straightened things I usually don't get to. I realized at one point that I had been cleaning for three hours straight. Ha, if you dropped in right now you wouldn't guess that. My cozy kids have blankets on the couches and school papers here and there, a few mugs and cups, some toys...(I bought a new electric blanket on clearance recently, and one chilly day when they came in from outside with red cheeks, I told them they could get it out and cuddle on the couch with it...it has been there ever since, and it is a wonderful thing! It is a kingsize one, so all the kids on the couch can get some of it.

And need I mention how nice it looks? ha.

So Camille and I are going on a little road trip. It is lots of miles, but it is a pretty drive. Too bad I stayed up so late last night and am so tired. Mirielle and Aaron took the cheap option trip home, so they had lots of small flights and have been traveling since last night, so I don't think either of them are going to want to drive, or stop at the store on the way home.

Ah well, I have to leave in about an hour, so I should help Camille get clothes out. She leans towards the fancier stuff...it is always such a huge deal to her what she wears, I have created a monster. She knows full well which clothes are for, "bye-bye", sometimes she tries to get to wear them at home...she just picked out, "a nice pretty bye-bye shirt", according to her. She is now picking out a pretty sweater.

Blah, I do not feel like getting out of my warm comfy chair and getting going...

1 comment:

Tereza said...

ya well you're like the best mom ever!!!!