summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 5, 2012

snowy cold monday morning

Rosie and I...
snowy vehicles
backyard

It was only about ten degrees as we walked this morning...I shoveled a path across the deck, then across the driveway, the snow is light and fluffy Lake Effect snow. We walked down the road to the east, with the wind to our backs...let's keep going Rosie, I said, it's nice out here! She just pulled me along happily. Then we turned around, and BRR! The wind in my face was a different story! I should learn to put on a hat, my sweatshirt hood doesn't stay up in the wind. This morning I had a short sleeved shirt, a long sleeved shirt, a sweater, then my sweatshirt...and the new warm mittens from Abigail.

It is hard to believe the weatherman said in just TWO DAYS, on Wednesday, it will be 64 degrees and sunny. I am so excited!! I am thinking instead of a park, we should just stay here so I can put my suit on and sunbathe on the deck...ha, and traumatize the FedEx guy again.

Everyone made it out the door for school today. Miss Camille has been up for hours. She appeared in my room in the wee hours and said, "Mama, I can't sleep." So I did a stupid thing, a thing that seemed so logical at the time, not to mention warm and cuddly...I just opened the covers and invited her in...she snuggled right up to me. Dang, what have I started after all these years? I can just see her doing this every night...blah. It is one thing I have drawn the line at all these years, no Family Bed in this family. If anyone else wants to have one, that is fine and dandy with me, I just don't like it. I think it is challenging enough to deal with them all day, the night is for Paul and I. I have felt mean sometimes, bringing them back to their own beds when they have come in during the night, but sometimes one has to put one's foot down. Not that the Mommy Guilt didn't kick in.

Anyway, Camille is tired this morning, I am not sure she ever fell back to sleep, I know I didn't. I am of course thinking: NAP!!!

But..I have no idea when Mirielle and Aaron are coming in from Washington. So Camille and I will get a text sometime, and have to head to pick them up from the airport. They are three hours behind us so I won't text or call this early. I'll just wait and see. The tempting thing is, I have their car here, it is a nice little Nissan, drives well and gets good gas mileage. It is so much fun to drive, compared the Huge Van. hmm, do I need to do any shopping?

The good thing is that the house isn't in it's normal Monday state, thanks to Paul cleaning up yesterday. When I stopped blogging and pitched in, we got it nice and clean in no time. Swept and mopped and picked up. Then I got all the kids to help clean up the kitchen after our nice dinner, so it looks decent enough in here. There is ALWAYS laundry to do, and of course the floor could use another sweep, and there are things here and there...but it isn't anything that is driving me crazy as I sit here.

Cozy Camille is sitting with me. I am a lucky girl.

2 comments:

16 blessings'mom said...

Ha, when i say it is challenging enough to deal with them all day.....i also should add that i love them more than anything and enjoy them thouroughly. During the day.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I can not believe you were in shorts and now snow.....oh wait yes I can, it was 80 here last week and now we are all in coats. Typical for my area.....we did cut our grass sunday!