summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 29, 2012

please do not visit me during the night!

Camille...she has this new thing...she doesn't turn on any lights, just creeps into my room, comes next to my bed, and stands there until I acknowledge her and give her a hug. She then tiptoes back out, closes the door noiselessly (the older kids could take a lesson from her). And I am wide awake, ready to scream. Can't fall back to sleep. rrr. I have asked her very nicely to not visit me, but she just says she likes to. She says she just doesn't know why she does it. She says she needs to.

Anyway, here I am, alive and well. It is a chilly rainy day, the house looks like no one loves it, and I haven't lost that five pounds I was hoping to lose in the first few weeks of my Phase Two. But we did go to the pool yesterday afternoon. I was contemplating a long walk, then I looked at the kids and knew they would love it so much if I said, "who wants to go to the pool!??", and I was right. Some of them chose to use the gym and play basketball instead, but 8 of us got in the van and went.

Charlotte Claire is a fish. She goes underwater and jumps in like a champ. Camille wants to be a mermaid, so she started going under repeatedly. She wears floaties, because the water is four foot in the shallow part, so only her head would go under, but still. She jumps in from the side, and comes up with a look of surprise every single time. The Picky-I-Own-The-Pool lifeguard wasn't there, so it was relaxing. The poor kid who was lifeguard was so tired he kept nodding off when he sat down, so he would get up and walk, take a bit of a bar, turn on music, pace around, then sit down and start nodding again. I wanted to tell him to go ahead and sleep, I can watch my kids just fine, but I didn't want to let him know I saw him dozing.

Bone-in chicken breasts were in the oven, so when I got home, I just heated up some leftover Basmati rice, heated up some green beans and corn, and cut up a small watermelon. I love to see the kids eat after going in the pool, they clean their plates right up.

Oh well, here I sit....I need groceries again. It is the story of my life. Mostly milk and bread and fresh stuff. I wonder if Camille would like to go bye-bye....

2 comments:

Sarah Fergione said...

Do your older ones watch the younger ones so you can go to the store? My son is in that in between stage where he can sit okay, but cannot yet sit up in the cart, so I have to wear him which makes grocery shopping pretty hard because he's BIG for a 5 month old! Can't wait until he can sit up in the cart!

-Sarah
Dogs, Dogtags and Diapers.

Anonymous said...

Why is that my own days sound so mundane (which to this day has kept me from starting a blog because simply - WHO would want to read it!) but I do love reading up on all the many little details that make up your days? Maybe you just have a gift for writing...I wish you a nice day!