summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 2, 2012

picture this...

Me, all settled down for the afternoon...I had done all that I had set out to do, finished lunch with Camille, and was preparing for some stories and cuddles and perhaps a little nap. Joseph was going to drive Mirielle and Aaron to the airport.

Imagine my surprise and joy when Mirielle shouted that Joseph was in the shower, and it was time to leave NOW. Since I am so speedy-quick, I pulled a skirt on over my workout pants, brushed my long tangly hair, got Miss Camille some clothes out, helped her find Rapunzel and her mirror and her crown, grabbed my purse and my nice new coat, and out the door we went, in less than five minutes.

As we drove down the road, I mourned my lost nap.

I needed coffee. But they were in a hurry.

It took an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the airport, which was a nice ride through the hills of the Finger Lakes region. Camille snoozed. We dropped them off, and turned back around for home...

I eyed the highway exit with the McDonald's sign, yearning for coffee, but the traffic was backed up, so I braved the trip home sans coffee...I must've mentioned those lovely words "Mc Donalds'" out loud, because soon Miss Camille was asking to go...perhaps she needed a pick-me-up too.

We drove the long ride home with no coffee, no parfait for Camille - I promised her she could make her own later at home. She is so funny! She saw a ladder leaned against a house "with a broken lad", she said. I am assuming she meant it had a broken step. She said it probably happened because someone was going up it too fast. I said perhaps it was someone really big, like Sam. She said, "Oh Mommy, Sam doesn't live in that house! He didn't go up their ladder and break the lad!" She speculated for several more miles about what could have happened to that lad.

She does not get bored, just like her Mama.

As I turned onto our road, I saw: Emily's car!!! Yay!! Camille and I had stopped at the BigM and bought some warm French bread...we walked in to Emily making a pot of chili! For some reason my small picky children love chili, and this was quite spicy, they ate it right up.

We made our parfaits after dinner...yogurt and strawberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, sprinkles, squirty whipped cream, and granola.

Need I say how yummy they were?

Emily had to leave to pick Mali up from college, she took Evelyn along with her for some quality time in the car.

Is all this so exciting?

3 comments:

Martha said...

I am very excited to read your blog post today! I did not get a nap today either. I went to Wegmans instead while my sister took Mom to visit my autistic brother. I had just enough time to stop at the bank to cash a check, run into Hobby Lobby (because I am naughty), and then hit Weggies for the regular groceries. Why do I always have so much trouble fitting everything into my fridge?

I do like Camille's take on the lad. She brings up some very interesting thoughts. I like her.

Sherah said...

Ha ha I loved your comment at the end, isn't all this just so exciting? I think that we all think our own life is so mundane and just kind of boring to everyone else because nothing really ever...happens.

But for me, it is asolutely fascinating to read about your life especially someone who is 10 years older than me and has double the kids. =) It helps me not to feel sorry for myself.

BTW, I totally dreamed about you and your family last night! I flew to NY and was visiting you and it was like we were family sort of, as if someone in my family had married yours. You had a ginormous house as big as a shopping mall and I especially remember the carpeted sort of very long tunnel that went to the library. Ha ha

Hang in there, we are all praying for you!

Tereza said...

Amazing to come home to dinner getting made!!!:):)