summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

wish I could say....

That I lost five pounds these last two weeks of so called "seriousness" in the weight loss department. ha. But I can say this: I did lose a tiny bit. And I feel better exercising every day, that counts for something. But honestly, darn it all!!!

blah. Why did I have to make those cookies yesterday? Was it the frustration from my failed nap? Camille and I snuggled under those covers, electric blanket on "high", and we snoozed. She conked first, and I enjoyed lying there looking at her with that thumb-y in her mouth...then I fell asleep. I had left the school kids a note, asking them to please be quiet, well HA. They didn't see the note until after 1. Evelyn opened my bedroom to see what I was doing, slamming it "accidentally". I could have maybe fallen back to sleep if, 2. Suzanne and Evelyn didn't have a silly screaming party. What were they thinking? Then Kathryn went into the hallway bathroom and, instead of turning the knob and closing the door silently, like I have asked them to do a million times, she just pulled it shut, SLAM. blah, I was fully awake. Camille woke up too, and we were pretty grumpy. And cold, getting out of that warm bed. By the time I got out to the kitchen, the kids had read my note, and were apologizing. So, I made cookies. That makes sense, right?

I seem to have come down with a cold, Sunday I had a headache and felt stuffy...yesterday I was dragging and that nap...oh, I wanted that nap.

Today I am still stuffy and miserable, in body only, of course, ha. I took the long walk despite the fact it was only 22 degrees out. Rosie almost knocked me over, she suddenly spotted a kitty, and lunged for it, bad dog. She is so very strong.

Where is the waitress with that coffee refill???

Last night's dinner was pretty good, if I don't say so myself. Boneless pork chops, rolled in a mixture of bread crumbs and this packet of honey sesame chicken seasoning I found in the cupboard. I rolled them in canola oil first, to seal in the juice, then the crumb mixture, baked them in the convection oven at a high temperature, oh yum. We also had baked basmati rice with lemon pepper (I only had a teaspoon of that), mixed veggies, and a big bowl of spinach for me.

Today's dinner? How should I know?!

There are so many projects I should get started around here it isn't funny. Today perhaps I will be really productive and energetic and get some things straightened out and in order. Yesterday I was washing dishes, and Camille, dealing with her Monday-Where-Is-Everyone blues, was tugging at me asking for cuddles. So, we snuggled on the couch with five books.

Charlotte Claire and Camille made paperbag puppets yesterday afternoon. They love painting. Then they made a little theater out of the foam mat squares, complete with painted pictures tacked on as background. They kneeled behind the foam, and had their little show, with the bad girl smacking the princesses...not much of a plot, but it was all on their own, and it was so very cute. It was SO hard to break it up and usher Miss Char to bed...

Everyone went out the door again today, so we are rattling around like a few peas in a giant pod here, Camille and I. Getting my exercise accomplished will be my first priority, then we'll see....but one thing's for sure, I will not open that container of cookies. No sir.

1 comment:

mommeeof10 said...

I have no idea what I was thinking buying fabric and patterns sunday to make dresses for the 2 youngest girls for Easter. #1 someone was trying to teach them self how to sew, took my good computerized machine to their room and lost some of the pieces. #2 The serger has not worked in 7 years, since the boys figured out how to turn the tension control knobs the wrong way and lost some of the springs. I'll eventually find all the parts. Hubby has them in one of the 20+ boxes of stuff in his workshop. #3, I am not sure if the machine hubby found at the flea market is currently working. Kids like to mess with stuff. It is from the 1950's and requires little different shaped cogs to make any stitch other than a straight stitch. I hope hubby brought them out to his workshop when he moved the machine out here. I have half of the first dress cut out and basted. Maybe I can cut the rest out tonight. I am not sure if Walmart has interfacing, forgot to look when I bought the material, etc and do not know if I have any in the 3 18 Gallon bins in the attic of sewing stuff. I'll find out after I cut out the rest of the dresses. Yay for 24 hour walmarts!