summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 16, 2012

shopping with eight kids

The youngest half of the family went with me today. We shopped in Kohl's, where I got Converse sneakers for Jonathan and Sonja, for ten dollars, and seven dollars. We checked out the clearance racks and got a few things, we had a coupon for an extra 20% off...the girls broke not one, but TWO bottles of perfume...first Kathryn broke one, then later Charlotte Claire was sampling one of the samples, and she dropped it...the whole store smelled good, and the sales lady was not thrilled with my girls. oops.

Then to Target, where I got Kathryn a small rug for her room for her birthday next week, a new rug for the floor in front of the kitchen sink, two t-shirts for me, and a few other things. Nothing got broken in there at least.

Price-Chopper...I accidentally told another mom to Knock It Off, because I thought it was one of my kids saying to another, "I'm gonna slap you." oops. This other mom was saying it to one of her kids.

Anyway, we bought potatoes and romaine and grapefruit and pears, coffee and half and half, some gum and Skittles and some sliced turkey.

Since we had a dollar thirty off per gallon, we filled the big van on the way home, twenty gallons for $53. It is almost $4 a gallon here now, ouch with that huge gas hog. The gas station also had Byrne Dairy ice cream on sale, two half gallons for five dollars. It is so fresh and yummy...I bought four. And woo-hoo for me, I did not have even one taste when the kids had some tonight after our corned beef dinner.

This weight loss thing is painful for me. It is a suffering. I read about how people get so they don't even want junk anymore, ha. I do appreciate a good salad, and feel good about eating my fruits and veggies, but I just saw a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercial on t.v., and yum!!! I have lots of mini Reese's Eggs for their baskets, and blah, it is going to be painful for me to keep my hands off. I just have to remember that just because I am tempted, doesn't mean I have to give in. I have the power to say NO, and it doesn't kill me. Today was actually a good day. Three peanut M&M's. No more.

Older kids are streaming in the door from the places they have gone tonight, the boys are done playing hockey. The girls aren't back yet, but should be here soon. Never a dull moment. We get the little ones tucked in, the medium ones are still up, and now older ones are coming in. That means I am distracted.

No comments: