summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

weight loss report from week one of seriousness

But first...a few pictures...this is Horrid Rotten Breakfast for the three elementary kids. It was a surprise for them, the only deal was that they had to eat the oranges first...and I served it with milk, which evened out it's awfulness. Charlotte Claire just sat there. I asked her why she wasn't eating her breakfast, and she said she was way too tired. She did look tired. So..I let her go back to bed. I reasoned that if she was too tired to eat a breakfast like that, she really isn't up for a day at school. (need I mention how absolutely thrilled Miss Camille is this morning??!!)
Princess hairstyle for a Princess Camille, courtesy of Margaret.
Miss Rosie had a haircut yesterday, then a bath...which of course she remedied by finding some mud. She is opposed to cleanliness.

Anyways anyways anyways, my weight loss: absolutely none. I officially started in on Phase II last Monday, deciding that Tuesday morning would be my official weigh-in. Last Tuesday I weighed the exact same as today. But there was fun and excitement in between as I gained two pounds after the M&M night...the salty corned beef probably didn't help (no fair, I didn't even have any potatoes!)...so I lost those two pounds again. And so goes my journey....

This week I will be much more careful. No little cheats. I will exercise everyday, and take that long morning walk. Next week there will be a drop in weight.

Hey, a girl has to hope, right?

I tell myself that even though the pounds aren't falling off yet, cutting back on flour and sugar and junk is so good for me. And the exercise is good for me. And that's what this is all about. Looking better is just a nice little side effect, not the ultimate goal. I mean, I don't wear make-up, never have had my hair cut in a salon, don't do pedicures or manicures (ha, I am an obsessive nail-biter, have quit a few times and grown nice tappy nails, but those nice nails got bitten off when I wasn't looking...)...anyway, I like to be neat and presentable, but I don't waste a lot of time trying to be beautiful. Good thing, ha.

Anyway...we were out of lots of good stuff so I took a quick trip to Aldi with Kathryn and Suzanne last evening. We got yogurt and salad stuff and oranges and pears and apples and chicken and milk and eggs and lots of Easter candy. And, a stack of chocolate bars. Why the chocolate bars? Well...let's see...how many daughters do I have who have chocolate cravings every four weeks or so? Six? And not only that, sometimes there is nothing like a few squares of chocolate in the afternoon....it's funny, because the boys rarely ask for it, but the girls seem to. I just have to keep my paws off of it.

One thing that helps me is to make my exercise a priority. It is super hard for me to do that, everything in me says to do the dishes and sweep up first, but once I get my exercise out of the way, I feel relieved, and a bit energized.

I figure if I don't for some reason get to everything else, the others around here can pitch in and help, but no one can exercise for me.

Now there are like 7 or 8 chocolate donuts out there on the counter, I am going to put them in the cupboard so I don't have to see their sugary yuckiness all day. blah. Just kidding, they look gorgeous to me! But I won't have one.

I will have an orange later, and some almonds. Dinner tonight: I have no idea! Last night I made some chili, which turned out quite good. The kids had theirs with some rice. For some reason, most of our kids really like chili, and Aaron came in from college, and said, "Yay, chili!"...

Well, time to move it!

2 comments:

Sarah Fergione said...

I feel the exact same way about exercise. I always push it back thinking there are so many other things I should/could be doing. But if I do it right away first thing in the morning I feel so much better. I really don't like doing exercise DVDs at home, but I don't want to pay someone to watch my 4.5 month old so I can go to the gym, so I'm going to have to start forcing myself. Good luck on your weight loss for next week!

-Sarah
http://dogsdogtagsanddiapers.blogspot.com/

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

once you have not eaten those things for so long you will stop craving them all together. It takes a while though. I find that once I "cheat" I usually feel sick from the sugar and then start craving that "crap" again.

Did you join my fitness pal?