summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 9, 2012

happy anniversary to us!

Happy Birthday, Mali! What is so funny about a tea-light candle on top of an ice cream cake?
Mali and Aaron are only fifteen months apart. They are good friends.

Today is our anniversary. We actually got married on a Friday evening, 28 years ago tonight. My kids say our story is depressing...the way that Paul called me five days before we got married to say, "let's just get married, what are we waiting for?" So, we did. I already had my dress, the lovely $13 one I bought at Hill's department store. We got married in his parent's living room, by a justice of the peace. We had some close friends from church, our siblings, and parents present. We went away only for the weekend, went to church that Sunday, and to work on Monday. I admit that I have had my thoughts through the years that I missed out on something by not having a big wedding, but I also missed out on the stress and the huge cost. And I got the most important thing, a good man! And he IS a good man. He is kind and patient and responsible and funny and so very good to me. Honestly, even when I was heavier, I never ever felt that he thought less of me, ha.

Anyway, we can't go out tonight because our older kids are going to the youth meeting, and tomorrow we are going to work at The Monster Jam Truck Rally at the Dome. Grave Digger? It will be loud, and crazy, and I can't really lift alot, but I can be a cashier.

Here are some random things:

I have gained two pounds this week since I decided to be more careful about the chocolate and the tastes of things.

Cindy, do not give up! You mention the scale is not moving, that is frustrating, but you are in such good shape! You can do amazing things! (I can't run fifty feet without sucking wind like I am gonna die!) That is good for your heart, your blood pressure, your sugar levels! I think you look fantastic, when I saw your picture in your Welcoming Husband Home clothes, I was like, "she doesn't need to lose weight!" Don't be too hard on yourself!

Random things about me:

I have never felt, "good enough".

I am easily intimidated, and it is not hard to make me cry.

But I won't do it in front of you.

I am not good at anything except for decorating cakes, and even those aren't that great.

I have no idea how I got so lucky to have all these kids, how I went through the pregnancies with no problems, and they were all born naturally, and healthy. (Well, I do have an idea, and His name is God)

I am pretty sure I have attention deficit disorder. My thoughts are so scattered this morning it is not funny.

We are going out to lunch today for Mali's birthday...Emily and I, Camille, maybe Joseph, and my niece Ellen. So far. I realize that I am a poor planner, but sometimes things put together at the last minute work out the best anyway.

I am tired of being so careful what I eat.

But I will not give up. I gave myself the Ra Ra talk again last night, and decided that if I could lose fifty pounds, then I can lose another fifty. After this two weeks off from exercising, it will be like starting all over again. I did just ten minutes of jogging in place yesterday, and will slowly work back to where I was in the next few weeks. I will ignore the two pounds I have gained, and start over. No more cheating!

Sorry this is so random! Camille is up, I have helped her fix her Mermaid doll, answered a text from Mirielle, and now Joseph is up. I am really scattered today!

6 comments:

Mum said...

My husband and I married on a Friday evening... after he got off work. We married on the edge of the ocean on the naval base he was stationed at. lol. The truth is the getting married is about a marriage not the wedding and you have a pretty amazing one of those. We went to a B&B for 2 nights and then were back to work Monday, and we have been happy ever since. Kind of cool to hear about someone else doing similar.

If you have a chance pop over and see my blog (I have finally gotten the courage to start one.). I've read yours for years now. I found your blog when I had just had my youngest daughter around the same time you had your Camille.

Best of luck with you weight loss. You are doing a great job, but sometimes it is hard to see that a certain points along the journey.

http://followingourrainbow.blogspot.com/

mom of 7 said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Rachel

Mom said...

Happy Anniversary! You know most Mom's are ADHD and we don't even have 16 kids--so don't be so hard on yourself. The good ones are constantly fixing mermaid dolls, baking cakes, and organizing last minute things. I believe if anyone can lose another 50--you can! I'm trying. I've lost 22 lbs. Woo-hoo!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

you are so sweet. :-) I know it doesn't seem like I need to loose weight to most but I think if I told you my weight you would be shocked. Most people are. Even my dooctor sometimes questions the scales LOL. I hide it all in my legs :-( and now my face, ugh. You are rocking it!Don't let the two pounds get you down, you can do this.

Mike and Katie said...

I think you have a great marriage story. Clearly you've invested in the important part of marriage: the long term, day to day, choosing love. I hope my kids choose small simple ceremonies too. A wedding is one day but a marriage takes a lifetime. Happy Anniversary!

Tereza said...

I just love everything you write...and actually your marriage story is kinds romantic...especially that he was so sure he wanted only YOU that he didnt wanna wait!!