summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 17, 2012

at my wit's end...

frustrated, bewildered, weary. Just gathering some words that describe how I feel about this horrid Weight Loss Journey. Or Evil Diet, rather. Blah!! I think those few handfuls of M&Ms from the other night caught up with me! After doing so well yesterday, I was dismayed once again when the scale this morning reflected two more pounds than yesterday. blah. I feel like I eat so carefully, but if I sneak anything, I lose ground. Up and down, the same few pounds, blah. And I started exercising this week, so I thought it would fall off, these ping-pong pounds!

My princesses are dressed in princess dresses, with sparkly scarves tied around their waists for aprons, they are being Princess Maids.

Paul had to go to the far away mall for an eye appointment. He took Kathryn and Suzanne with him 'cause I asked him to talk to Kathryn about some stuff...I feel like I do most of the parenting, because I am with the kids most, but these guys love and respect Daddy so much, and he has a gift of being able to relate to them.

So I am home with lots of older kids who are still sleeping, and some little kids...Emily is taking some of them to the park later...it is supposed to be a nice day out today. I need to get out of this comfy chair and go exercise. I did take my mile walk with Rosie this morning, in the foggy chilly morning, it was delicious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a little note to cheer you on!!! Look at some old photos of you, get your old skirts out and look just how far you've come and don't let 1 or 2 pounds get you down!

Do you weigh yourself too often? The body has ways of going up and down and it is not always a good thing to weigh oneself too frequently, just a though. Be kind to yourself and have some coffee ;)

Endo_Life said...

I have stopped taking sneaky peeks at the scales it just isn't worth feeling bad if the scale goes up instead of down. I stick to once a week and that way the scale is always lower. I can fluctuate in weight by up to 6lb from one day to the next depending on what foods I have had plus drinks are evil. I do not drink a drop for 4 hours before I weigh!

Don't get disheartened, can you limit the amount of times you get on the scales?

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Girl I am working out for at least an hour 5 days a week and I am gaining! That is with eating 1,200 calories a day. I know I am not eating enough for the ammount that I work out, but I struggle with eating more healthy foods UGH. It is so hard.

I started thinking back to the 20 pounds that I lost before and I was on migraine meds when I lost it. Meds that are linked to weight loss. I had horrible migraines daily when Jim was gone.

Are you drinking enough water? YOu are supposed to drink half your body weight when you are trying to loose weight.

Like if you are 160 you are supposed to drink 80 ounces. The most that I can usually get is 70 in. I just can not drink any more then that, and that is on a good day. Most days is 48. It's hard!

I have gone back to my treadmill. I am working on doing two weight loss workouts on it a day.

I get it, I promise. I have no summer clothes that fit, and not in a good way :-(

Darla said...

I weigh often, too. It seems to help me keep on track. However, now I am pregnant and have gained ten pounds already...today I am 14 weeks. Ouch, fo that much in the first tri! So now I think I better cut down to weighing once or twice a week at the most. I do notice that depending on what I've eaten and drank the day before can greatly affect the weight...so discouraging though, cause those pounds are hard to get back off after the beautiful baby is born!