summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

4.5 earthquake, and bye bye to Cali


It’s challenging to blog on my phone. We’ve had a nice time with the boys, Mirielle and I. The landscape here is lovely and strange. Last night we made chicken wings, sweet potato fries, tarot tots, and roasted brussel sprouts. We watched SO many episodes of the Great British Baking Show! We’ve been to the Embarcadero on the bay, and to a few wineries. Today: San Jose airport, and ahhh....home.
I was awakened by a huge jolt last night. Then felt a few tremors. I suspected an earthquake, which is very scary of course, but I did go back to sleep. It was 4.5 and not far from where we are. I’ll go back to NY and endure snow storms, thank you.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! Sounds like a lovely holiday......except for the earthquake 😳 I LOVE The Great British Bake Show!! the people are so lovely and quirky! They make the loveliest things, don’t they? My mouth waters.............Have a good trip home 🏡

Marilyn’s from Canada

terre said...

they have had more sizable shakers up there today!!! welcome to california. it is a scary feeling, i admit.