summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 31, 2019

....boo!...and wah!!!

Well, it's official, the little girls don't want to go out trick or treating. Camille said she felt funny going last year. So we decided to stay home and make chicken wings and watch a scary movie. (Jonathan is going with his friends). I COULD go over to Ben's house, which I would like to do, but the girls want to do stuff here, so I'll stay with them, and we'll have fun.

But I'll be honest. It's sad.

Here's Suzanne playing matching game with Anne...


Today, I am going to the store to get the chicken wings. I also have a list of stuff to get for this weekend, it'll be a busy one at church: a practice weekend for the Christmas concert, a volleyball weekend, and a hockey weekend. I'm helping Emily in the kitchen. Jon is playing hockey, Charlotte Claire's playing volleyball, Camille and Margaret are participating in the music, and Sonja will be in the kitchen with me. Too much fun!!!

Oh well, life is ever changing, and it's too short to be wasting time wishing things were different. Off well go...

4 comments:

Kara said...

My 12 year old decided she was too old to go out this year too. It's the end of an era. She's still going to dress up, but she'll hand out candy to the kids that come to the door (and we get HUNDREDS of kids in our neighborhood). The 16 year old wants to set up the projector outside and play Halloween movies- not scary ones- on the garage door. We'll see.

Carol said...

I understand all too well about the first time they did not want to go. I am thankful that my grand doll is going and I am able to go with them.

Rose Sperlonga said...

Were we are having Trick or Treat on Saturday. It won't be the same but we are having some bad rains and winds. So to make it safe they switched it. First time I can remember!

My grandson is 9 and still wants to go. he's a big boy so I think he'll leave it to his sis after a yr or so. Sad when they grow up. But like you said, just have to move on with whats next! :)

Have some fun!!

Tereza said...

We didn't go out this year either and not many came to the door for candy.