summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 24, 2019

life is interesting...

It's absolutely gorgeous here in central New York state today.

(taken from my comfy chair...I told myself it'd be nice to go outside for pics, but...)

Grant, my sweet little grandson from Virginia, has gone home. They left yesterday, after a few bonus days of visiting due to vehicle being in the shop, for wheel bearings and state inspection. It was busy with little Grant here, he has lots of energy, but now that he's gone, I miss him. He has such a sweet disposition.


Samuel is good with kids, and Grant was okaaaay with sharing his daddy, while Sam read to Anne.


Anne likes to play with play dough. This is homemade stuff, it has a nicer consistency than the little cans of store bought.

Anne will be here in a little while. And in a little while I have to bring the van in, flat tire, ran over a nail. The place in town where Sam got his car serviced, said the tire cannot be repaired due to placement of the nail. This is a very new tire, like six months old. And you know if you replace one front tire, you have to replace the other one. So I'm bringing it to the other place in the other town, just to see if maybe they'll fix it. The valve stem also broke off, so...

You know, there's never a dull moment. And money just flows out like it's going down the drain, with car repairs, doctor bills, life. But you can't take it with you, and it's not worth stressing over, although I do admit to being tempted to anxiety...about money, health, my kids...I do lie awake at night sometimes, but that is a universal battle. It's not just moms, I would suppose it's an affliction of mankind. Jesus himself said to look at the Lillies of the field, who neither toil nor spin, and our Heavenly Father takes care of them. Be anxious for NOTHING, we are reminded in Matthew. But in reality, it is a serious trial to keep those words! It just doesn't come natural to me anymore. My younger self was more carefree, but now it's a challenge, but one worth taking up, because fighting against those anxious thoughts, fighting to get the peace of God, to trust Him, is so much more restful.

Okay, weight loss update: I am now only seven pounds over the lowest weight I got to around nine years ago when lost seventy pounds. Remember, I gained 30 back, so I guess I am down 23 since the beginning of July. I've taken breaks, like Norwegian chocolate in Norway, and the wine tours, and the California wineries, and Cajun fries in Cali, too...but in between, I've been very consistent in my fasting, eating mostly one meal a day, sometimes two, if brekky (in the early afternoon mostly, a few hours before dinner) is nice and low carb like a few eggs. I drink black coffee sometimes, but mostly I put heavy cream in it, because...it's good, ha.

Anyway. I'm happy it's working. It's slow, but I feel okay, and am optimistic that I'll actually get to a good healthy weight this time. After losing 70 pounds, I still had 30, 40, 50 to go...so I am not done yet. Right now I could stand to lose at least fifty. I wouldn't be skinny. To be at my high school weight, it would be more like 70. So it's a work in progress, and I am not giving up!!!!!

Time to go get that tire fixed...

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della! Excellent job on your weight loss!! 👏👏👏 You are doing soooooo well! I always say it didn’t go on in 5 minutes and it will take time to lose it. I have noticed in the pictures of you that you are losing. Sometimes you really have to see a picture of yourself a year or so ago to see the difference. That’s a bummer about your tire especially if you have to get 2 new ones 😬 Like you say the money flows like water through a sieve.........and it’s true that you can’t take it with you. It was lovely that you had.Sam and family for a visit. Baby Grant is such a sweetie pie. Well I had better get myself up off the couch and get moving here. It was supposed to be sunny and I see they were wrong again!! No sun to be seen............I hope you have a lovely day! 🌞🌞

Marilyn from Canada

Carol said...

Losing weight is such a hard task as we age. I would like to lose 20 pounds.

true blessings said...

awesome !! Keep up the good work!