summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 6, 2019

...visiting one bunny...

...in Virginia!
Our trip down was long, and uneventful. We stopped at KrispyCreme, and seeing those donuts being made, and smelling those donuts...then not eating any of those donuts...torture.


Our Airbnb was interesting...


We stopped at Harris Teeter on Saturday morning because I am a grocery store geek. We bought eggs, bacon, sausage (fresh brown sugar maple links!), fresh strawberries, squirty whipped cream, pancake mix, maple syrup, and orange juice. We thought it'd be nicer to make brekky at Sam and Grace's place, than to go out to breakfast.

...and Starbucks...we got a pound of the new Sirens Blend, it was so good!



Did Sam grow taller, or did I get shorter?

Abigail and I had lots of fun with Grant...he's so cute.


It was nice to see Sam and Grace. We didn't do too much, no sightseeing on this trip. We just talked and visited and ordered some New York pizza, which is not as good as REAL New York pizza.

It's always hard to say goodbye, especially to the little grandson. He warmed up to us so quickly, and now I won't be seeing him until probably November.

The drive home was looooooooong. We didn't run out of things to talk about, Abigail and I, but we drove through rain and fog and there is always some construction, and an accident, and traffic. We stopped once for coffee, and once more for a bit of dinner.

Home, ah home. Paul cleaned and mopped the floors, so it was pleasant to come in the door, except for the snack bag I brought had heavy cream leak all over in it, long story, always something to clean up for me. :(.

This is going to be a busy week. Sonja has her five hour driving course on Tuesday, and I'm leaving for California on Friday...:)

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! It looks like you had an enjoyable weekend. Grant is a little doll 🥰 and so lovely you could spend a few days with them all. I know how it feels standing next to those big boys......2 of my grandsons are 6’5” and I’m 5’1”. I always feel like I’m standing in a hole! I watched them both play basketball on the weekend and honestly they are not the tallest!! They tell me that I’m just a little shrimp 🍤🤣🤣 How lovely you are off to California!! Good for you Della. Have a super day.........we are expecting some snow tonight 🥶🥶

Marilyn from Canada