summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

rain rain rain, but OH so cozy!!!


Some silliness today. Miss Lydia was here, and Anne came over, so...lots of stories!

I actually took a darned good nap today. We got home from our trip to California so late that it was actually morning. I went to bed after one, and dang it, could NOT fall asleep. So this morning was harsh. I HAD to get up with Miss Char and Miss Cam though! I made them French Toast! They got their report cards last week, and I am so stinkin' proud of them! Their grades were 92, 98, 92, 91, 95, and 96, and 99, 99, 100, 98, 97, and 98. I simply cannot tell you how happy this makes me. Here I was, worried they would be behind when they returned to "real" school after five years of homeschool. Well, apparently they learned quite a bit. They learned HOW to learn, they learned to enjoy learning, and they certainly enjoyed those childhood years.

Suzanne and Jonathan kept an eye on the little girls while I had my little nap today, it was a super enjoyable, yummy nap. I do not take naps as a rule. I used to, when I could, through the years when I was in sleep starvation. Now, I don't like to waste the time, and am seldom that tired, that I want to miss all the goings on, but today, wow I was tired.

Tomorrow I have to fit in a trip to the grocery store. I caught up on some laundry today, some cleaning up, some playing with play dough...and a visit with Mali and Josh when they picked up Lydia.

This coming weekend, Samuel and Grace are bringing little Grant for a visit! Sam has Army drill, but Grace will be here!

Oh, and can I say this?: I only gained one pound on the California trip. I thought more like five. We had homemade chicken pot pie with the butteriest crust, and also homemade raspberry pie, so tangy with the same crust with a pinch of sugar on top, with Tillamook vanilla ice cream...while watching the Great British Baking Show. We had homemade chicken wings, we had steak, we had hot baked brownies with walnuts and ice cream. I ate some fries. I had a small beer, and some wine. But, I tried to space it out, fast in between...but still, I'm happy with the result. It was a true vacation, good clean fun, lots of laughs, and very restful.

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I took a long, cozy nap today too!
It was rainy and windy and perfect.
Glad you had a nice trip, and are Home Sweet Home!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della........welcome home! Such a wonderful trip for you. I’d say you deserve these little trips you are having AND you certainly deserved that nap! I LOVE a little nap 😴 Sometimes I just drop off for 20 minutes sitting in my big comfy Lazyboy chair........then I wake up with a huge snort that shakes the rafters!! Good for you only gaining a pound too.......it’s hard when you are away. Those pies sound heavenly........

Marilyn from Canada

Marilyn said...

Hi Della........welcome home! Such a wonderful trip for you. I’d say you deserve these little trips you are having AND you certainly deserved that nap! I LOVE a little nap 😴 Sometimes I just drop off for 20 minutes sitting in my big comfy Lazyboy chair........then I wake up with a huge snort that shakes the rafters!! Good for you only gaining a pound too.......it’s hard when you are away. Those pies sound heavenly........

Marilyn from Canada