summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

foggy morning...



Just some pics from around the very autumn-y house. The forecast for this week: sunshine and temps in the low sixties, perfect! Maybe I'll get a little bit of a fall suntan before my trip to California!

Anne will be here in a little while, it'll be nice to be able to play outside with her today. Rainy days are mighty cozy, and there is something to be said for a day spent inside playing play dough, but. We also might go to the library, she LOVES going there. She knows we get a stack of books, and there are toys to play with. She also likes to make friends with kids.

I realized last night that there is more to being present than just being there. It's obviously not a new revelation, but sometimes you can re-see something, and it can drive you to make better choices. It's so selfish to scroll through twitter when there are girls who want to talk about their day, and listening with one ear...nope. I am guilty of this, but today will be different.

The dogs are snoring on the couch, and Grandma is coming for a visit. I need to get my lazy rear out of my chair and clean up the house...again. With two Labradors and two kitties here in the house, five kids still at home, and Anne taking out all the toys every day, it still takes some elbow grease on a daily basis to keep things nice in here. It's not like it used to be, when there were 18 of us here at home.

I can't believe that I'm going to California on Friday. Martha, we might just go to the JellyBelly factory!

1 comment:

kristi said...

Hopefully, we will have the power back on in Northern California for you when you get here.