summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

one more week!

Next week, I'm heading west! I know there are many people out there who would cancel, who would not consider airline travel with the new virus going around. Believe me, I have thought a bit about this, and my only hesitation is that if I DID contract this dreaded C-19, I wouldn't want to be quarantined. I will be bringing my laptop along with me, so if this happens, it'll at least make a good story, right?

There is so much media hysteria right now, and since I am a firm believer that the Chinese government hasn't been entirely truthful with the rest of the world about the severity of this virus, I am not completely assured that all will be fine. I have stocked up a teeny bit on some supplies around here, but not like crazy. I feel extremely bad for the older folks who have gotten sick, the nursing home crowd who is so vulnerable. I feel bad for those who might lose jobs if they have to stay home, and for health care professionals who HAVE to go to work, no matter what. The fact that three of my kids are nurses, and one an NP, is challenging for me, of course.

"Which of you, by worrying, can add one cubit to your stature?" Matthew 6:27. "For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Tim 1:7). I always thought that if GOD hasn't given the spirit of fear, where DOES it come from?! I have a few guesses...

There is nothing wrong with being tempted, and we can't help if we start feeling unease, but giving into it, and actively being anxious is total unbelief, and we do not need to live like that! God has a plan for our lives, and there is rest in knowing that. It's written in Romans 8:28 that all things work together for the good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose.

My two little girls had dentist appointments this morning, then we went to Aldi for some strawberries ($1.29 a quart!), to Marshalls, where I ended up getting some grandchildren stuff, to the thrift store for a panini maker (long story), the girls found a few things there too. Walmart for boots for Jonathan (he accidentally left one of his boots, ONE of them, in Samuel's car, and Sam drove blissfully back to Virginia with that boot.), a birthday gift for Mali, one for Mirielle, and and and. The, gas in the van, the pizza shop in town for some chicken wings, and ah, home.

Lydia is coming over tonight to spend the night. I am excited about this, as I miss her like crazy.

It's almost time to make some dinner, to clean up the house, and and and, ha.

One of these days it's going to get real that I'm going to Hawaii next week, and I'll actually start packing! Sunscreen, a few Quest bars, hand sanitizer, a floppy hat for the sun, check. My tight yoga shorts to wear under sundresses to keep my chubster thighs from rubbing together, check. What?! TMI?! A few swimsuits, not bikinis, either, my suits weigh like five pounds and take up all the suitcase. Birkenstocks and Birkenstocks, and can I travel in Birkenstocks? I do have TSA pre-check now, so hopefully I can get through security without being molested and assaulted and humiliated. Also, I am traveling to California ALL BY MYSELF. If you know me, you know this is BIG. I've done it before and HATED it, I am definitely a travel-buddy kind of girl.

Oh well, laundry needs to be changed over, and and and.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I am sure God will protect you as you travel. I am worried about my daughter that works in a beauty salon in a nursing home as well. I hate that this virus is going so strong all over the world it seems.

Marilyn said...

I wouldn’t worry too much. There are other flu viruses around all the time. This one is new and just have your hand sanitizer.......I had some sani wipes and I wiped down the tray and the arms of the seat, keep your hands away from your face. There are sanitizer stations all over the airports. People get a bit hysterical I think. I read that in Australia the stores are out of toilet paper! Anyway,you just go and enjoy yourself. We are in Scottsdale, sitting by the pool at the moment.........sun blazing away 🌞🌞🌞 🌵🌵 Have a lovely day Della.

Marilyn’s from Canada