summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

.....after! what about BEFORE?

 I am sorry, I am the absolute queen of forgetting to take before pics.  And nobody really cares what our Little Tikes deck furniture looked like before the latest coat of spray paint, anyway.  I am a spray paint enthusiast, though, I love the simplicity and the new look with so little effort.

This little round table used to be yellow, so I spray painted it black last year, it looked kind of cool, but it peeled a bit, looked dumpy.  The chairs were a different shade of blue, with the original yellow peeking through.  The square table was white on top with pink legs, so it got a coat of black on top, with gray legs...the top was peeling terribly, so I left the legs gray and painted the top white.  Three dollars worth of spray paint, as I got it from the dollar store, I still have most of a can left.  The blue is made for outdoor plastic furniture, and as it's not exactly my favorite color, well...it was a dollar a can.




It all got another coat after I took these pics, don't worry.  The grass got decorated too, added bonus.

A strange dog appeared on my walk this morning.  He was huge-0, there on the side of the road where I was headed, so I turned my rear end around and started walking right back in the direction I had come from.  He followed along the side of the road, then went up on the grassy hill and was following me from up there, sort of behind and parallel.  Then he started barking.  I was hurrying along as fast as my little legs could carry me, which believe me, is not very fast.  I took my phone out to call Paul, to tell him to hop in the truck and come get me, fast, that dog was going to get me, I just knew it.  But I didn't call, I just kept on going, and then I didn't see him anymore.  I didn't know if he had gone into the woods I was entering, so I decided to pray, then I kept going as fast as I could.  If my heart rate was any indication, I got a really good work out this morning, ha.  That dog did not get me, did not growl and attack me, he's probably the nicest dog...I'm not afraid of dogs, so I don't know why I was scared of this one.

Paul said I should have looked for a big stick.

Tomorrow, I'll bring Sunny with me.

So I stayed home all day, and still had oodles of fun.

Last evening, Paul grilled almost ten pounds of chicken breast tenders, which had marinated in lime juice, and pepper.   I knew all day we already had chicken in the 'fridge, yay, not much to cook!  I did make air fryer pecans (make a foil bowl, add two tablespoons of butter, melt it a little.  Whip up one egg white, add a cup or so of pecans, some cayenne pepper, a bit of sugar and cinnamon (I just shook some in from our sugar/cinnamon shaker), put it in that foil bowl, turn the air fryer to 300, and cook for 15 minutes or so, stirring every once in a while...let them cool, and mmm, crunchy pecans!

I cubed up some of the chicken, and heated it up in a frying pan with chopped onion, in olive oil, salt and pepper.  The girls made fries in the air fryer, I ate my chicken with shredded cabbage/carrots, some leftover strawberries, the pecans, and French's fried onions, Aldi brand.  

I vacuumed and mopped the floors, washed some towels and washcloths, wiped down the kitchen cabinets, planted more flower seeds, and sat in my comfy chair.  I talked to my sister on the phone for I am not gonna say how long, while sitting in the warm sunshine on the deck.  I talked to Samuel on the phone, and I took care of the little splash pool we had set up in the yard.  I puttered and flitted the day away.  I enjoyed the heck out of it.

"Today is gone.  Today was fun.  Tomorrow is another one."   Dr. Seuss, whom I will never cancel.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della 👋 Sounds like a perfect day to me. Took our taxes out to my friend who has an accounting business, I took Bindi to the dog park for a big walk, sat in my comfy chair for a coffee then a 20 minute snooze 😴 in that order. We’re BBQing some steak for supper, with mushrooms, baked potatoes and corn on the cob 🤤 Our dogs are conked out now! I love the kiddie furniture!! Looks great!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Steak, corn on the cob, mmm!!!! I love that your pups are conked out. And thank you, I don't love the color of the little chairs, but they look fresh and new. These chairs are built to last, even big kids (as in Paul!) sit on them sometimes. We keep a few of them in the living room, they are perfect foot rests too!

Terri D said...

I am glad the dog went away and didn't harm you! That would have been a bit scary and dogs can sense fear, so carry that big stick and feel confident next time! I like the aqua color you chose to paint the little table and chair. Cute. The square table looks great too. I didn't know you could buy paint at The Dollar Store. Will have to pay attention next time I am there! Thanks for the tip!