summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 23, 2021

how much is too much??!

 Well, I have a story, and do I tell it?  It's not an exciting story, but here goes...

Last night, I stayed up and read an entire library book, The Pull of The Stars, by Emma Donaghue.  The house got quiet, and because I never learn, I stayed in my comfy chair turning pages.  Then I thought about some chocolate I have, some sugar free Russell Stover chocolate with almonds.  Sugar free!  A bar is three servings, and you know how it goes, you're turning the pages, letting that chocolate melt in your mouth, then you crunch up the almonds, then it's gone, so you reach for another, then dang it, before you know it, that bar is gone.  Oh well, it's sugar free, and I rarely do such things, it won't kill me.

ha.  Ha ha ha.  I no sooner took my shower, got in bed, around midnight, when the rumbling in the tummy started.  Oh dear.  By two a.m., I was in the bathroom, and because I am partly a 12 year old boy at heart, I sat there laughing my head off, despite the pain in my poor intestines...it was like one of those cringey comedies from the eighties, the loud obnoxious potty humor.  It was very loud, and very obnoxious.  I could not believe that my system could hold that much air!  Holy Toledo.  It was painful, too, I felt like I was going to start throwing up right on the floor in front of me, but thankfully that passed, with everything else that was passing.

sorry...if that was too much.  But the dang thing of it was, it was ALL MY FAULT.  I googled "too much sugar free candy", and who knew?  It's a thing!  People purposefully over-eat the gummy bears, for the cleansing effect.  Um, no thank you!

Anyway, this whole ordeal lasted and lasted, until around five o'clock, I settled into my warm comfy bed, half afraid I was so tired I would sleep through the next bout of rumbling and...never mind.  It didn't happen.  But when 7 o'clock rolled around, my eyes hurt when I opened them.  I fell back to sleep a few times, but couldn't settle in, I knew it was morning, and had to get up with the girls before they got on the bus.

So here I am, feeling wrung out and blah, but still, it was a teeny bit funny.

I'm picking the girls up from school early today, and we're going out and about.  I have to go to the department of motor vehicles to drop off a check, poor Jonathan is trying to get his "new" car on the road, and the DMV is closed, except for appointments, but they are booking at least a month away...so he had to drop everything off, all the paperwork...then he got notice that there was "suspicious" activity on his debit card, so...off we go to drop off a check.  Jonathan is a bit frustrated about all of this, you should be able to just go into the DMV, wait in line, and register your car.  It shouldn't be such a process, but it is.  He's so anxious to just drive.his.car.  He said to me this morning, "It's good we were talking about Romans 8:28 yesterday...(All things work together for the good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose...").  Now I just have to believe it, and work with it."  

Summer is approaching, we have a few vacations booked...one camping weekend, one Airbnb long weekend in the Adirondacks, and one weekend I'm invited to go with Emily and the older girls on a long weekend.  Also, I'm going to Oregon to be with Kathryn when she has baby girl, in June, and maybe to visit again in August.  I also hope to get to California to visit Aaron and Riley, and am heading to Connecticut for a weekend in a few weeks.  We also want to plan a visit to Virginia to see Sam and Grace...

Today, it's beautiful out.  It's hard to believe that yesterday morning, we had several inches of snow.



It is indeed lovely today.  Look at that sky!

Some flower seeds are sprouting and have to be replanted already.
Orange Guy is a big mouth, he meows incessantly until you do what he asks.
The new five dollar pillow from Walmart...

If you look closely in this pic, you can see Paul walking backwards down the road...he sprints, he walks, and he does it all backwards too.  It's good for your knees, he says.

Time flies, I have to leave soon to pick up those girls...:)


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha Ha! Your stories crack me up! :) Since we’re on the subject of TMI...I have had IBS forever, and I always avoid sugar-free anything, it is the *worst* if you have stomach problems. So I definitely know what you’re talking about lol. I can’t even have a little bit. I’m fine with real sugar though, go figure.
Hope you’re feeling better by now.

Jan said...

Oh my goodness! Glad you're feeling better. Yep, those sugar alcohols will get you every time. Ask me how I know...;-)

Terri D said...

Too funny that story about sugar-free candy. Joe and I discovered that same problem while on vacation once. Not fun!! Works faster than ex-lax!! You have lots of fun travel coming up!! I enjoyed your post today!! xo

Unknown said...

I’m thinking my message didn’t post .........I did it on my phone. I hope this works 🙄

I thought your story was sooooooooo hilarious 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Della, you are a scream!!, 🤣🤣🤣

I hope Jon is able to do that registration soon! How awful for him 😞

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda said...

Ha, sorry shouldn't laugh....I knew that about chocolate and or even coffee...as a suffer of IBS, never mind...anyways...it will be a glorious 70* this coming week. smiles