summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

it's really the little things....

 

This is one of my favorite mugs, Miss Charlotte Claire got it for me for Christmas a few years ago.  And, don't you love my jammy shirt?  It has coffee mugs all over it!  I don't wear my jammies around the house, I get dressed in the morning, this top is delegated as an Around The House top, not for sleeping in.  I make sense to me, ha.




I overfilled the mug, and made a nice big morning mess.

Yesterday, I got out the sewing machine and made new pillow covers for the throw pillows on our bed.  I also washed and put away my big winter-ish comforter, and put on the new dune/duvet, with the new white cover...what am I thinking?  White is the dogs' favorite color to stain!

Orange guy likes it...it looks like someone is sleeping in that bed, but it's just the big body pillow that one of us likes to sleep with...



I just really like the fabric....

And yes, I did order a comforter, it's coming in a few days...I hope it goes with the pillows.  :)

Today, a trip to the store with a meal plan, prep for junior activity club this evening, as I usually come up with a craft for the kids to do, and have to pack up some toys for them to play with.  They like to run around, play a little, have a snack, do a craft, run around...it's only an hour and a half, but it's good to keep them busy.  

Jonathan turns 17 this Friday, can you believe that?  He is so funny, we dropped off everything to register that "new" car of his, and he found out yesterday that the DMV is still working on processing things from the 16th of April, so it'll be a few weeks before he gets his plates.  A FEW WEEKS?  To REGISTER a CAR?  That's typically a ten minute transaction, but the department of motor vehicles is now by appointment only, and the earliest appointments were running to the middle of May, which now doesn't seem so ridiculous.  I am not sure why the DMV is so backed up.  If a person can go to a Dollar General, why can't people just go to the DMV?  I said to Jon, "Well, what can you do?", and he replied, "Be patient."  As a mom, what more could I ask for?  Jon knows what's important.

So he turns 17 on Friday, and Sonja K. turns 19 on Monday.  Where are all my little children going?  This getting old is getting old.  Miss Char will be 15 next week.  How can that possibly be?

So Sunday we're thinking of planning a cook out, do two birthdays in one day...I love/hate birthdays.   

Paul had to run to work, REAL work, to turn something in, and Sunny is not having it.  She is on the back of the couch, her tiny Labrador self, watching for his return.  


It's rare to be home by myself, and even though it's only for a little while, I am enjoying it.  I swept and mopped the floor, then decided that it's a good time to sit in my comfy chair, with no one about to think how lazy I am.  Wait, wasn't I just blogging about caring what people think?

I should probably get started on some things, and get dressed in Bye Bye clothes, but...maybe I'll just sit here for a few more minutes, and shh, I would NEVER hop up when the car pulled in and try to look busy.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I would so do that last paragraph!! lol

Susan said...

Hi Della, well, I have to say that you are the very last person I would describe as lazy. Sometimes when I read your blog I am exhausted and feel like I need a nap!
The littles activity club sounds so fun, I always love seeing what craft that you have them make.
♥️♥️♥️♥️Susan

Terri D said...

I think you deserve to sit in that comfy chair for as long as you want! You have been BUSY! I enjoyed your post! xo

Joybells said...

I enjoyed this post too! Especially oversized Sunny on the back of the couch. That blanket must be for just such an occasion, LOL. The pillows look nice. I'm impressed by how much sewing you get done, just randomly doing projects. Getting the machine out seems like such a hassle that I never seem to do it. Oh well, someday!

Joy from Salem

16 blessings'mom said...

Joy, yes the blanket on the couch is for such an occasion. And yes, someday you'll have more time for puttering. I absolutely revel in my free time, I am never bored. Every time I turn around there's something to plan, to shop for, to help with, I keep pretty busy for being unemployed.
Susan, Terri: yes, I am busy, but truly am lazy too. I like an adventure, but there's nothing like my comfy chair.
Cathy: yup.:)

Linda said...

{{{Grin}}} Thanks Della for the many smiles.