summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 22, 2021

what IS this stuff?

 

The lovely springtime view from my kitchen window...
Suri...
Sunny....



The finished pot pies...they aren't much to look at, I can't make a pie look beautiful to save my life, but oh my goodness, trust me:  they were delicious! 

I think tonight I'll skip making dinner, there's almost a whole pot pie left, and lots of meatballs from the night before...then tomorrow, how about pulled pork nachos?

So it's snowy, and the wind is cold, but it's still supposed to be warm and sunny on Saturday, so I think we'll survive.

Let's see, I ordered a sleeveless summer dress, with pockets, from Amazon last night...um, I swept floors, washed counters, did the last of the dishes, and put in a load of laundry this morning.  I woke up at 7, and decided to go back to sleep, and lo and behold, I actually did!  I usually get 6 or 7 hours of sleep and am good, but sometimes, I have horrific nights, tossing and turning, then once in a while, voila!  I catch up, and wow, it's nice.  I slept until eight, I'm Elsie Marley.  (She's grown so fine, she lies in bed 'til eight or nine, won't get up to feed the swine...)(old nursery rhyme)

So basically, not much is going on.  I am not thrilled by the news lately:  the government spending money like we actually have it to spend, and NY state secretly passing ridiculous laws for businesses and employees, pushing the Excelsior Pass...mob mentality influencing decisions, the sadness and denial going on with the border crisis, the entire WOKENESS movement.    

Law enforcement here in the U.S., oh dear.  There are admittedly some bad apples, men and power don't mix well, historically.   There needs to be better training, but no matter how well you are trained, when something awful happens, there is fear, there is adrenaline, uncertainty, and how you react will be sifted through and judged, perhaps without taking into account the self-preservation instincts that kick in when one is in a life threatening scenario.  

One of my boys wanted to be a police officer.  I'm glad now that he isn't one, and I pray for the officers who are upright and kind, and go above and beyond, and are held in distain by those who prefer lawlessness.  Rioters seem to get away with the trashing and bashing and destruction...and it's sickening.  I mean, shooting at the National Guard?  That hit close to home for me, those guys are weekend warriors, regular guys who are probably still in the Guard for the health insurance.  

Anyway.  There is a lot going on out there, I'd rather stick my head in the sand, but somehow that doesn't feel right for me.  

I am thankful though, for so many things, and I realize that the way the world is going is according to script, in the end times, these things will happen.  And we know what we need to do, and that is to look up, and lift our heads...


3 comments:

Terri D said...

Yes, indeed! Look up and trust in our Lord and Savior! It is all that keeps me from collapsing. So much trouble and heartache out there. Couldn't do it without my faith. xo

Anonymous said...

I'm tired of the well meaning conservative talk that says " this is serious" and " we need to do something!" What? What can I do? Except pray of course, but pushing my fear button by someone claiming to be on my side is getting old.
Beautiful pies!
Valerie

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am so glad to meet you today over at my blog. Wow! You are one busy lady! And you still have time to write a blog! What a blessing to have such a beautiful big family. And your pot pies look scrumptious!! I often make chicken pot pies, but we do the easy way and pour the contents over homemade biscuits instead of making them in the oven with pie crust. But I DO love them with pie crust, and when I am more ambitious I do that too.
Yes, the news is terrible these days. That is why I posted the peaceful post that I did today. Gotta have some calm in the midst of the storm somewhere. But I don't ignore the news...I PRAY a lot about it and commit it all to God. There really isn't much else we can do until we get to vote again, and pray that our votes will really count next time...So that being said, I will go back to looking at the birds and geese on Still Waters Pond and enjoy God's blessings around us and PRAY for our country, our leaders, and especially our law enforcement officers.
Have a blessed day!