summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

even more than usual!

 




SUCH a beautiful morning, and I went on a walk.  

Margaret called me as I was walking, huff huff, up the last hill...Wulf was there in the background, "Gramma, I want to come to your house!"  So yes, of course they could come over!

Jonathan was arriving from California, to the airport at 11:30, so we were picking up the new truck at 12:30. I also needed a few things from the store, and now Margaret was coming for the afternoon, so...Paul picked Jon up, then they went to get the truck, and I went to the grocery store all by my lonesome.  Shh, first I went to the thrift store, donated a big bag of books, found a few clothes for the grandkids, and this really cool toy, a toy power washer.  (I know, what kind of idiot would buy a TOY POWER WASHER!). Well, I did.

New in the package, for $4.49.  We had too much fun with it, it hooks up to the garden hose, and when you squeeze the trigger, it blasts out, and the little fake motor whirrs.  Wulf washed the Little Tikes car, the sidewalk, the grass, the little pool...

I went into the dollar store and got flower seeds for 6/$1, some sugar free Swiss chocolate with hazelnuts, haven't tried it yet, and some craft supplies for activity club.  Then Aldi, for oranges, asparagus, chicken, heavy cream, and and and...then, ahh, home.  

Wulf helped me pot some flower seeds, he likes to water them, more like drown them, but oh dear he's cute.

Margaret somehow works full time while raising these little guys, it gives her a little break to bring them over sometimes so I can help with them while she works.


Margaret relaxing on the swing with Wulf and Tennyson.

So spring has sprung, and it's intoxicatingly beautiful.  The blossoms and the buds and the green, it's just yummy and delicious.  It never gets old, how impressive it is when those newborn leaves unfurl.  I am thankful for it all, and am enjoying it immensely.  

Paul grilled chicken breast that I had marinated in lime juice and pepper, I put out some salad stuff, and the pasta salad and fruit left from Saturday.  It was hurry hurry hurry, because we had to drop Charlotte Claire and Camille off for dance, then Jon had an activity club group to help lead, and Emily and I had our group.  Six kids attended tonight.  We played with sidewalk chalk, then on the playground, then craft time.  We made construction paper bunnies taped to popsicle sticks, with google eyes and fuzzy tails.  The kids are ages 2 to 4, so they like simple crafts.  They had some M&M's, and drink pouches, then they ran around for a while until their parents picked them up.

So ahh, home again.  It's nice to be busy, really nice.  But it's also nice to be sitting in my comfy chair again:)


1 comment:

Terri D said...

I would say you were TURBOBUSY!!! My goodness, how do you do it?!! I am sure that toy power washer was so much fun! Glad you got the new truck!! Enjoy some rest in that chair! xo