summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 19, 2021

it just isn't permanent!

 A house has a swing set, and some bikes in the drive way.  They have kids.  They need a big yard, a big house.  They have kids.  But it's not permanent, those kids are just passing through!  Maybe they have a lot of kids, and they think they need two washing machines, or two refrigerators.  They don't.  Those kids are just passing through.  When you look at life through the backwards telescope of old age, you see clearly how temporary everything is.  


The pic is kind of dark, but this is when we were knee high in small children.  Emily, holding her clarinet, was all of fourteen, and the oldest of eleven kids, Evelyn was the newborn (Evelyn - Eleven, see how I did that?!). Abigail was waving, in her cute pink top, she was 12.  Benjamin got to hold the new baby Evelyn Joy in the pic, he was ten.  Mariel was 9, Joseph 8, Aaron 6 (blue shirt next to Em), Molly was five, in the striped dress, Samuel was four, he is between Molly and Ben, Margaret was 3, in front of Em (and somehow the pic of her makes me want to go back in time, scoop her up and hug her), Kathryn was 17 months...

Saturday, the cake got frosted.  I didn't make enough frosting, had to make a second batch, and it didn't look as nice as I wanted it to, but it got done, and it was good.


After finishing the cake, it was off on an excursion with some daughters!

Charlotte Claire, Sonja K., Evelyn, and Miss Camille

Sonja and I....twins.

We went to Starbucks...then to the thrift store, which was way too much fun.
No, I didn't buy the McDonald's coat.

Evelyn also did not buy the camo-dress.  

They did find some Zara clothes, new with tags, for excellent prices.  I found a big truck that holds little Matchbox cars, for Wulf, and a few pairs of pajamas in really nice condition.

Yesterday, church...
After, some of the older kids came over, we had overnight beef brisket and homemade macaroni and cheese.
Baby Tennyson with aunty Evelyn..


Char, Emily, Camille, planning a girls' trip.


Little Miss Sunshine does not feel well.  She must've eaten something she shouldn't have.  She was throwing up yesterday, and Jonathan had to sleep out in the living room on the couch to be near her, and keep an eye on her.  We were going to bring her to the vet, but she seems a little better today.  She's still drinking water, and hasn't throw up today.  We are sort of on high alert, ready to bring her in if we need to, but dogs can be huge babies, we're hoping this is the case.

A dog is a dog, and not a people, but the love you feel for your dog is real.  When doggie gets sick, it's hard.  

Oh well...Miss Sonja is here, the other girls are in school, Jonathan is working, and I'm distracted...so Happy Monday....!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Elijah is #11 in the lineup, but I didn't realize I used such a similar word (Elijah-eleven) there until later. I was busy putting out fires with my oldest whom we named Aliyah, another version of Elijah. I'm not sure she has ever gotten over it😂
Happy Monday!
Valerie

Terri D said...

I enjoyed your post today and sure hope your pup is feeling much better by now! Great pictures and I agree with you... the kids are just passing through for the most part. We raise them to become independent and responsible adults - job done!! xo

Martha said...

"Temporary"
We're just a passin' through...

I've thought about that quite a bit the past few years. My poor little mind is having a hard time catching up with all the passing that's happened, and is still happening. So blessed that the steadfast love of the lord never ceases.

You are very creative with names, and yes, Sonja looks just like you!

Unknown said...

Hi Della! Lovely pictures of you and your girls......all pretty girls 🥰 I do hope Sunny is better.........yes we do love them 💞💞 They can’t tell where it hurts...........I hope you had a great day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Krysta said...

You should write a cookbook! I love hearing what you made for dinner, groups, etc. cooking for me is a chore that needs to be done, so hearing how you can just throw things together into a delicious meal is like magic!