summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 10, 2021

how on earth?

 Why oh why do I do this to myself?  My to-do list is a tad bit too long, yet here I sit, blogging my heart out.  We're having a cook-out today for Paul's birthday.

I have to make cupcakes.

I have to cut up fruit, there's a watermelon, a cantaloupe, strawberries, then wash the grapes and blueberries...all together in a big bowl, yum.

I have to make a pasta salad, cut up the veggies to go in it too.

I have to get chairs out of the garage, and clean them off.

I have to get the little pools out, give them a scrub, and fill them, because it's going to be 83 today.

I have to sweep and mop, and clean up the house, give the bathrooms a little scrub.

Four hours.  The guests are coming in four hours.  What on earth?

I am the Procrastination Queen.

Sonja K., Charlotte Claire, and Camille are here, they can help me, but heavens, they are teenagers...and Miss Char and Miss Cam went to school four days this week, they're prob wanting to sleep until noon.  And Paul is going to take some garbage over to the dump, and that'll tire him out, I can't exactly give him too big of a to-do list.

Shh, you know I'll wake those girls up.

And I work better under, pressure, that's what I'm telling myself right now anyway.

I'll finish my coffee, and get those cupcakes started...

(I will defend myself:  I made a very nice dinner last evening, and spent time with Paul...I could have been working on things, but yeah, I do procrastinate...)

I'll take some pics of the day...I'm very excited!!!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning 🌞Sounds like a wonderful day is planned...........I think you are Wonder Women!! That’s a lot to do, but you’ll get it done ✅ Have fun....the weather sounds wonderful!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦