summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 23, 2021

eve eve!

Out and about this fine morning...Miss Evelyn's little Suburu had to have it's NY state yearly inspection done...Sonja and I dropped it off, and walked through the snow to get a coffee...long story short, it was over three hours for this inspection, because it turned into a repair (we were hoping we didn't get ripped off, but it seems like it was a legit repair).  We left Starbucks and went back to the shop, but it was another few hours before it was done.  The huge-0 tv in the waiting room was blaring, "The View", and if it's your favorite show, I do apologize, but:  vomit-rocias.  Vomatrocias?  Yucky lucky.  Those ladies were rude, rude, rude.  Then it ended abruptly, because the local news network lost one of their anchormen to cancer, he had worked for the network for 44 years...his entire service was broadcast.  And there we sat.  Oh dear.  It WAS sad, but we didn't really watch the news, and didn't really know him, other than know OF him, and it was...well, never mind.  We sat there.  
 
Fudge!  We needed more fudge, for Christmas, the five pound batch from the back of the fluff container!

Sonja K. with a stack of presents that came in the mail from Aaron and Riley in California!

Sonja with her latte....we went to two stores afterward, for just a few simple things:  seltzer for tomorrow night, one box of spring rolls for the air fryer, more fluff (to make the fudge), and a can of black beans, because there's a pot of chili on the hob, and we're making some corn bread.


It was an absolute winter wonderland this morning.  We still have a good bit of snow, I hope it stays around for Christmas!

We have cookies to frost, and we're cleaning the guest room because Margaret and Adrian and Wulf and Tennyson are staying over on Christmas Eve!  When you have little ones, you always have to leave early to get them to bed, but if they put the boys down here, they can stay up, AND be here for Christmas morning!

I am a little bit excited now, but there is a constant low-key drone of I'm forgetting someone!  I'm forgetting something!  I only got like one thing for someone and don't realize it!  I totally forgot someone!  

It's a bit unreasonable, and yes, my kids know I love them, but...it's there.

Ah well, today went by way too fast....all that waiting in the waiting room at the shop, knowing I had things to do, it was...frustrating, but Sonja is an absolute gem, she's a good sport, and we definitely made the most of our time.  At one point, she reached up and stretched, sighed, and accidentally hit the light switch, turning off the lights, which made the other people in the waiting room think the shop was closing or something...it probably wasn't as funny to them as it was to us.  oh dear.

Dinner is simmering, and that in itself is an AMAZING FEELING!

Have a really good Christmas Eve Eve, and maybe I'll even blog tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little more stressed this Christmas - trying to get to the bottom of my feelings, without success. I know there are my middle children that may feel gipped this year, but they were really hard to shop for...I don't know. Once I get all the presents wrapped (almost done) I may feel more ready. But it is all about Jesus, I know that. Trying to keep it in mind!
Valerie

Unknown said...

Hi Della………Sonya laughing to day brought back memories. My daughter and I were sitting in my vehicle at the supermarket and we had the giggles at something and just as the boy came by the front of vehicle with a load of trollies I accidentally hit the horn! The poor thing almost jumped out of his skin and we were hysterical!! The more he glared the harder we laughed. 🤣🤣🤣 Oh my it was so funny at the time……..for us anyway.

Have fun tomorrow…

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, it is such an undertaking to be the mom in a big family at Christmas, so much pressure to do so many things. As much as I don't believe in making everything fair, I also don't want to slight anyone.
Marilyn, that is so funny! I have a parking lot story too: once I was with a young and pretty daughter, and we bought some chicken wings in the grocery store, were eating them in the car after shopping. A handsome young cart boy wandered over, smiled at my daughter, and asked her how the wings were...she answered something, I answered too, said, "They're excellent!" He just looked at me with a raised eyebrow, then I glanced in the rearview, and yes, I had sauce all over my face. We died laughing.

Unknown said...

Brahahahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🎄

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Wishing you all a blessed Christmas and new year!! xo