summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 24, 2021

tomorrow is Christmas, it's practically here!

 

I did NOT frost these ones...and I'm not saying who did, but there was some silliness!


We made a big mess...

But now we have two containers full of cookies, and a whole batch of fudge.  Camille made brownies while the cornbread was baking, and we had our chili for dinner.  It's nice to have some evenings with everyone at home!   We Facetimed with Aaron and Riley and the kids opened their gifts from them.  I am super thankful for how we can communicate and still spend time together even though we're on opposite sides of the country.

Our power was out for a bit this morning, I had to light a match and use the gas stove to warm water in the kettle for coffee, instead of just turning on the electric kettle.  Our water is well water, so no power, no water, but thankfully we had some in the Brita pitchers!  Because, coffee!

I said this morning, oh no, I can't do dishes or vacuum or anything!  I guess I'll just have to sit in my chair and enjoy my coffee!

But alas, it's back on....and we're having a houseful tonight, so I have quite enough to do!  Let's see:

Emily, Abigail, not sure about Mariel, she's working so many hours these days...Benjamin and Ashley, Anya and Elise, Joseph and Bethany, Molly and Josh with Lydia and Ophelia, Margaret and Adrian and Wulf and Tennyson, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, Paul, and me.  So not that many, ha.

We are having our appetizer/air fryer buffet tonight:  bbq meatballs, spring rolls, pizza pockets, mozzarella sticks, chips and veggies with dip, butter chicken...

Tomorrow, it's the same cast of characters, adding in Suzanne and Zech, and subtracting Joe and Beth, and Molly and Josh and girls, at Benjamin's house.  We'll be having our meat feast, with Mac and cheese.  And, now I'll tell you Paul's gift, since I don't think he reads this anyway...and if he finds out now from this, oh well, right?

It's a smoker!  An electric smoker, to prepare all the venison he gets.  


I know, it's no boat or four wheeler, but I think he'll like it.


Six years ago, my youngest, Camille Anaya, and oldest Emily Anne...time flies.  It sure does.  I want today to go by so slowly....mostly because I have a boatload to do, ha.  Jonathan has a new-to-him four wheeler, with a plow, so he's having fun with the snow we got, cleaning the driveway.  

Have a Merry Christmas, and enjoy the moments...

1 comment:

Shirley in Washington said...

Merry Christmas to you! I hope you enjoy all your family gatherings and thank you for all you share. Blessings, Shirley