summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

to the dreaded mall!

 

It's nice to have Miss Evelyn back in town...
Evelyn, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, Camille...

I wasn't going to accompany them.  They had things to return and exchange, and Sonja had to pick out perfume...Evelyn bought her a sampler from Sephora for Christmas...you smell them all and decide which one to get a full sized bottle of, too much fun!  She chose Juliet Has a Gun.  Don't ask me, but it DOES smell really good.  

I only bought a few things:  sleeper jammies for Anya, two outfits for Ruth, two shirts for Wulf, and some little boys' socks.  I also bought two shirts for Char, one for Sonja (and some sunnies), and some coffee.  I only wore a mask in the coffee shop, because it was required, and I wanted a coffee.  Yes, I am one of those people.

Emily, Benjamin, Margaret, and I made chicken wings for the youth kids' gathering last evening.  Honey chipotle, hot Buffalo, barbecued, and some really good dry rub wings.  We deep fried forty pounds of wings, along with fries, and I made some brownies (I melted milk chocolate on the top, then added sprinkles, they looked good).  After I helped prepare the food, I ate some wings with them (yes, good!), then went home...it was just Paul and I here, so quiet!

It won't be too quiet for too long, because Sam and Grace and Grant and Ruth are coming tonight!!!!!  I have some vacuuming and cleaning to do, and I am so excited.  Not about the cleaning ha...about seeing my boy, and Grace, and the little ones!  :)

3 comments:

Terri D said...

Always fun and busy there!! When I see photos with Sonja in them I always think it is you until I look more closely. She is your twin! Enjoy the next round!! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, it is fun and busy here, and I love it. Sonja does look like me, she is such a precious girls, such a fiery one!
I had another comment that I decided not to publish. I can count on one hand when I decided not to publish comments, it's only when someone is extremely rude or vulgar. This comment had some interesting points, but used the "f" word, and sorry, I don't use that word, and don't print it on my blog. Pat also mentioned in her comment that I use false statistics and "make statements that defy my so called Christian spirit". I'm sorry she feels that way, and it's rather hurtful, yes ouch, but whatever. At the end of the day, there will always be someone who doesn't like you.

Unknown said...

Hi Della πŸ‘‹ It looks like you had fun with the girls! We have to wear masks in the stores……..we have a mandate and you can’t enter without one, and I’m ok with that. Everyone seems ok with it too πŸ₯°

You have 2 more little grandchildren visiting……..how much fun is that!! I hope we get to see some pictures. I hope you have a lovely New Years Eve with them. I will be glad to see this year leave and hopefully 2022 will be so much better. We are going to watch a movie……..yet to be decided………and wings and yam fries and some veggies and dip and Christmas baking………and of course CHOCOLATE!! . We seem to have several boxes of really good chocolates 😳 Oh dear…………and maybe a little drinkie or two πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦